10 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 10 Apr 2006 [PDF]
- SOLDIER DIES FROM WOUNDS IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- TWO SOLDIERS KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- CENTAF releases combined airpower summary report AFPN 10 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released the airpower summary report for April 8 to 10.
- Soldiers Die in Anbar Action; Terror Suspects Detained, Killed AFPS 10 Apr 2006 -- Three U.S. soldiers died yesterday from wounds suffered by enemy action in Iraq's Anbar province, military officials in Baghdad announced today.
- 4th ID trains Iraqi soldiers on GPS, combat lifesaving Army News 10 Apr 2006 -- Soldiers of the 4th Infantry Division are helping train Iraqi soldiers on how to use the Global Positioning System and how to save the lives of wounded buddies.
- ESG 8 Departs U.S. 5th Fleet AOR Navy NewsStand 10 Apr 2006 -- Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 8 transited through the Suez Canal April 7, marking the end of more than four months of maritime security operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- President Bush Discusses Global War on Terror The White House 10 Apr 2006
- Bush Repeats Call for Iraq Unity Government VOA 10 Apr 2006 -- President Bush says there has been progress in Iraq in the three years since the fall of Baghdad
- Bush Says Iraq Building Democracy From Saddam's Rubble AFPS 10 Apr 2006 -- Iraqis are beginning to build a "democracy from the rubble" of Saddam Hussein's regime, but enemies still hope to stop the process, President Bush said here today.
- Zarqawi, al Qaeda Threaten Iraq, Military Spokesman Says AFPS 10 Apr 2006 -- A senior military spokesman in Baghdad today dismissed as untrue a U.S. newspaper article claiming the U.S. military launched a propaganda campaign to exaggerate terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's significance in Iraq to turn Iraqis against him and sway American public opinion.
- Bush Defends Iraq Intelligence Release VOA 10 Apr 2006 -- President Bush acknowledged Monday that he did declassify intelligence information on Iraq's weapons program, as part of an effort to rebut domestic critics of the Iraq war.
- President Bush Allegedly Responsible For Disclosure Of Pre-War Intelligence On Iraq VOA 10 Apr 2006 -- Vice President Dick Cheney's former Chief of Staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, claims it was President Bush who authorized the leak of sensitive intelligence information on Iraq
- Iraqi Sunni Arabs Maintain Opposition to al-Jaafari VOA 10 Apr 2006 -- Iraq's Sunni Arab and Kurdish politicians have again rejected the nomination of Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari to keep his post in the country's next government.
- Iraq: Main Shi'ite Alliance To Decide Al-Ja'fari's Fate RFE/RL 10 Apr 2006 -- Iraq's main Shi'ite alliance is expected to announce today whether it will drop Ibrahim al-Ja'fari as its nominee for prime minister
- Defense minister: Iran seeks restoration of Iraqi people's rights IRNA 10 Apr 2006 -- Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar on Monday described recently-conducted 'Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)' military exercise as 'successful' and voiced Iran's readiness to conduct joint war games with regional countries.
- Australian PM to Submit Evidence to Iraqi Bribes Inquiry VOA 10 Apr 2006 -- Australian Prime Minister John Howard has been asked to give evidence to a commission investigating claims that the country's wheat exporter bribed Saddam Hussein
- IRAQ: Professionals are new targets of kidnappers IRIN 10 Apr 2006 -- Six-month old Salua Ahmed was kidnapped recently when four gunmen forced her mother to give her up while shopping in a crowded neighbourhood in the capital.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|