30 March 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 Mar 2006 [PDF]
- SOLDIER DIES DUE TO ENEMY ACTION
- ONE AIRMAN KILLED, ONE WOUNDED IN IED EXPLOSION
- IRAQ OPERATIONAL UPDATE BRIEFING MNF-I 30 Mar 2006
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Targeted Kidnapping Cell, not Mosque Washington File 30 Mar 2006 -- As the world celebrated the release of kidnapped American journalist Jill Carroll, U.S. Major General Rick Lynch reminded reporters in Baghdad that every day, innocent Iraqis are kidnapped by criminals, insurgents and terrorists who fund their activities with ransoms.
- CENTAF releases daily airpower summary AFPN 30 Mar 2006 -- U.S Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary.
- Terrorist Cell Leader Captured; Soldiers Destroy Weapons Caches AFPS 30 Mar 2006 -- Iraqi and U.S. soldiers captured a terrorist cell leader, and more weapons caches have been found and destroyed, military officials reported.
- IA, U.S. troops wrap up Operation Cowpens Army News 30 Mar 2006 -- Anti-Iraqi Forces on the Jabouri Peninsula have taken a blow because of operations conducted by Coalition forces and their Iraqi army counterparts March 19-29.
- Navy Customs Battalion Papa Returns Home Navy NewsStand 30 Mar 2006 -- About 400 Mobilized Reservists of Naval Expeditionary Logistics Support Force (NAVELSF) Forward Group Papa returned to Norfolk March 29 from a nearly seven-month deployment after providing support for the Department of Defense’s customs inspection mission in Iraq and Kuwait in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Lincoln Group stories examples -- Below are six examples of stories written by U.S. pychological operations troops and planted in Iraqi newspapers by the Lincoln Group.
- Report: Iraqi Political Delay Could Slow US Withdrawal Decision VOA 30 Mar 2006 -- A U.S. Defense Department official has confirmed the essence of a report in Thursday's Washington Times newspaper that the delay in forming a government in Iraq is potentially delaying any decision to reduce U.S. troop levels in the country.
- U.S.: Bush Defends Iraq War Under Growing Pressure RFE/RL 30 Mar 2006 -- U.S. President George W. Bush has for years projected an image of self-assurance. Some have even called him arrogant
- Defense Secretary Says Iraqis Will Prevail Against Insurgency Washington File 30 Mar 2006 -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld says the Iraqi people will form a new, unique government in the coming weeks -- one that will serve them better than the previous dictatorship.
- Iran/Iraq: U.S. Talks Unlikely To End Tehran's 'Soft Power' In Iraq RFE/RL 30 Mar 2006 -- The much-heralded Iran-U.S. talks on Iraq, to which Tehran agreed in mid-March, may result in an end to direct Iranian involvement in Iraqi affairs
- Iraqi Commander Contradicts Shi'ite Account of Deadly Raid VOA 30 Mar 2006 -- An Iraqi commander involved in a daring rescue by Iraqi and U.S. troops says accounts of the incident by some Shi'ite officials are not true.
- US Hostage Jill Carroll Released in Iraq VOA 30 Mar 2006 -- American journalist Jill Carroll has been released by her captors in Iraq, nearly three months after she was kidnapped at gunpoint.
- Iraq: U.S. Journalist Freed After Almost Three months RFE/RL 30 Mar 2006 -- After nearly three months of captivity in Iraq, U.S. journalist Jill Carroll has been freed.
- Iraqi Captors Release US Journalist Jill Carroll VOA 30 Mar 2006 -- American journalist Jill Carroll has been released by her captors in Iraq, nearly three months after she was kidnapped at gunpoint.
- Experts Puzzled Over US Release of Captured Iraqi Documents VOA 31 Mar 2006 -- Under pressure from some members of Congress, Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte ordered the public release of thousands of documents and other files captured in Iraq
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|