Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
24 March 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Pentagon Says Russian Intelligence Contributed to Saddam's Mistakes VOA 24 Mar 2006 -- A report issued by the U.S. Department of Defense Friday quotes an Iraqi document as saying Russia provided intelligence to Iraq during the decisive early weeks of the war in 2002.
- New Report Provides Insights into Saddam Hussein Regime AFPS 24 Mar 2006 -- Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was so convinced that the United States was unwilling to accept casualties that he never believed the country would invade Iraq, and was far more worried about an internal revolt, a new, unclassified version of a Defense Department report issued today reveals.
- Report Provides Iraqi Leaders' Perspective of War AFPS 24 Mar 2006 -- Can history be wrong? Not exactly, but history can be distorted if data is provided by only one side's perspective.
- Saddam Hussein Feared Uprising More Than U.S. Forces Washington File 24 Mar 2006 -- Former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was more afraid of an internal uprising in 2003 and 2004 than invasion by coalition forces, according to a report released March 24 by the U.S. military.
- In Iraq, 2006 is the "Year of the Police," says U.S. General Washington File 24 Mar 2006 -- Coalition forces now are focusing on upgrades to Iraq's security forces, calling 2006, "the year of the police," says U.S. Army Lieutenant General Martin Dempsey, head of the Multi-National Security Transition Command in Iraq.
- United States Urges Arab Nations To Support Iraq Washington File 24 Mar 2006 -- The upcoming Arab Summit should support the new Iraqi government, stand behind the three demands of the international community on the new Palestinian government, and back the transition to a U.N. peacekeeping force in Darfur, United States has said in a series of meetings with Arab countries.
- Pace Addresses Turkish Concerns About Neighboring Iraq AFPS 24 Mar 2006 -- Turkey is in a tough neighborhood, and the questions Turkish reporters raised to Marine Gen. Peter Pace in Ankara today showed that concern.
- Iraqi Forces to Take Control of Borders by July, says US General VOA 24 Mar 2006 -- The U.S. general in charge of training Iraqi forces says they will take control of all of the country's borders by July, as part of his focus on transitioning to more Iraqi-led security responsibility nationwide.
- Iraqis Eagerly Taking Responsibility for Country, General Says AFPS 24 Mar 2006 -- The United States is seeing big returns on its three-year investment in Iraqi security forces, the U.S. commander in charge of training Iraqi forces said today.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list