17 February 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 17 Feb 2006 [PDF]
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Davis 17 Feb 2006 -- Presenter: Commander, Iraqi Public Order National Police Transition Teams, Col. Gordon 'Skip' Davis
- 4th BCT engineers rebuild Baghdad's infrastructure Army News 17 Feb 2006 -- Responsible for the rebuilding of Baghdad's infrastructure - restoration and improvement of electricity, water, sewer and transportation systems, members of the 4th Brigade Combat Team Infrastructure Coordination Element - known as ICE - have their work cut out for them.
- CENTAF releases daily airpower summary AFPN 17 Feb 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials release today's airpower summary.
- Task Forces Bolster OIF, OEF Maritime Security AFPS 17 Feb 2006 -- Three years ago, U.S. Navy SEALs secured the Basra and Khwar Al Amaya oil terminals and started maritime security operations in the Persian Gulf.
- Iraqi Gunmen Kill 5 Guards, Kidnap Iraqi Businessman VOA 17 Feb 2006 -- Iraqi police say gunmen wearing Iraqi special forces uniforms have kidnapped a wealthy businessman and his son, after killing five of their bodyguards.
- Bush Requests Additional $72.4 Billion for Fiscal Year 2006 Washington File 17 Feb 2006 -- President Bush sent a $72.4 billion emergency supplemental funding request for fiscal year 2006 to Congress February 16 to pay for the ongoing war on terrorism, urgent humanitarian aid, and other activities, such as promoting democracy in Iran.
- Bush Sends Supplemental Funding Request to Congress AFPS 17 Feb 2006 -- President Bush submitted a request to Congress yesterday for $72.4 billion in supplemental funding to tackle the global war on terror and other ongoing international activities for the rest of the fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.
- US Officials Decry UN Report on Guantanamo and Latest Abu Ghraib Pictures VOA 17 Feb 2006 -- U.S. officials have dismissed a United Nations human rights report calling on the United States to either bring to trial or release all detainees in its prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Troop Levels in Iraq Must be Balanced Carefully, Officials Say AFPS 17 Feb 2006 -- The level of U.S. forces in Iraq must be balanced so as not to create an occupying force, but to still be effective and able to maintain a secure environment, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told a House of Representatives committee here yesterday.
- Iraqi Police Having Positive Impact, Official Says AFPS 17 Feb 2006 -- Iraqi police forces have been well trained and are making a positive contribution to the country, U.S. military officials said.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 17 Feb 2006 [PDF]
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 9, Number 7 17 Feb 2006
- Iraq: Britain Faces Predicament In Al-Basrah RFE/RL 17 Feb 2006 -- The Al-Basrah Governorate Council cut ties with the United Kingdom on 14 February after a 2004 videotape surfaced in the British media that appears to depict British soldiers beating Iraqi youths
- U.S.: Ex-CIA Official Publicly Challenges Pre-War Iraq Assessment RFE/RL 17 Feb 2006 -- A member of the audience at a public speech given in Washington today identified himself as a retired intelligence analyst with the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, or CIA, and challenged the reasons President George W. Bush used to justify the 2003 invasion of Iraq
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|