Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 December 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 07 Dec 2005 [PDF]
- II MEF SOLDIER KILLED NEAR HABBANIYAH
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 07 Dec 2005 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary.
- USS Austin Renders Assistance to Fishing Boat Navy NewsStand 07 Dec 2005 -- USS Austin (LPD 4) answered a call for assistance from the Saudi Arabian fishing boat Riviera Dec. 6 while conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the Persian Gulf.
- "Cactus Air Force" Comes to Iraq Navy NewsStand 07 Dec 2005 -- In late November, approximately 50 aircrew and maintenance personnel from the Valions of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 15 and the Golden Warriors of VFA-87 detached to Al Asad, Iraq, with five F/A-18C Hornet aircraft.
- Bomb Explodes at Baghdad Coffee Shop; Mine Blast Kills Soldier AFPS 07 Dec 2005 -- At least three civilians and one Iraqi police officer were killed Dec. 6 when a terrorist's bomb exploded in a coffee shop in east Baghdad's Howra marketplace.
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Wrap Up Operation Rams in Ramadi AFPS 07 Dec 2005 -- About 100 Iraqi army soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division, and 400 U.S. soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team wrapped up Operation Rams in Ramadi, Iraq, today.
- Major cache uncovered near Tuz MNF-I 07 Dec 2005 -- Just a week after a huge cache of mortars was uncovered near the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk, another large terrorist cache was discovered Tuesday morning near the neighboring city of Tuz.
- Gunmen Raid Kirkuk Hospital, Free Iraqi Detainee VOA 07 Dec 2005 -- Gunmen have raided a hospital in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk, freeing a wounded man who was detained for plotting to kill a judge involved in Saddam Hussein's trial.
- Iraqi, U.S. forces catch four suspected bomb makers MNF-I 07 Dec 2005 -- Four suspected terrorists were detained during a joint operation conducted by Iraqi Security Forces supported by the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division Dec. 4 south of Baghdad in the Yusufiyah area.
- Citizens help U.S. forces take terrorists off streets MNF-I 07 Dec 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers captured four terror suspects and discovered a large weapons cache during a series of operations in the Al Rashid district Dec. 4.
- Terrorist detonates bomb in coffee shop MNF-I 07 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi Police reported an explosion in a coffee shop in east Baghdad around 8:30 p.m. Dec. 6.
- Operation Rams concludes MNF-I 07 Dec 2005 -- Approximately 100 Iraqi Army Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division and 400 Soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, wrapped up Operation Tallie (Rams) in Ramadi Dec. 7.
- Following election-related violence in Iraq, UN envoy calls on all to show restraint UN News Centre 07 Dec 2005 -- Voicing "serious concern" at reports of grave election-related violence in northern Iraq ahead of next week's vote, the senior United Nations envoy in the war-torn country today called on all political leaders to ensure that their supporters and activists exhibit the necessary restraint during the campaign.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list