Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
05 December 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 05 Dec 2005 [PDF]
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER KILLED
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers find two weapons caches MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division discovered two significant weapons caches Dec. 2, adding them to the growing list of terrorist stockpiles they've found in south Baghdad.
- Citizen's tip yields weapons cache, two terror suspects MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- A tip from a local citizen resulted in the capture of two terror suspects and the discovery of a large weapons cache in western Rashid Dec. 3.
- U.S. Army officials meet with local sheiks MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad officials met with local sheiks Nov. 28 to discuss developments in south Baghdad.
- 24 terror suspects taken off streets of Baghdad MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Launching operations based on tips from Iraqi citizens and intelligence developed over time, Task Force Baghdad Soldiers captured 24 terror suspects in the Al Rasheed district during a 12-hour period Dec. 3-4.
- Operation Rams kicks off in Ramadi MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Approximately 100 Iraqi Army Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division and 400 Soldiers from the 2/28 Brigade Combat Team, launched Operation Rams (Tallie) in Ramadi Dec. 4.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 05 Dec 2005 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary.
- Red Horse builds it all at Q-West AFPN 05 Dec 2005 -- The sounds of hammers smashing nails and the buzzing of saws cutting wood, typically resonate through this forward Army outpost -- simply knows as Q-West.
- Roadside Bomb Kills Soldier; Ops Nab Fighters, Weapons AFPS 05 Dec 2005 -- A Task Force Baghdad soldier was killed Dec. 4 when his patrol struck an improvised explosive device in eastern Baghdad, officials reported today.
- 52 suspected terrorists snared; Kirkuk cache demolished Army News 05 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi and U.S. forces captured more than 50 suspected terrorists in operations in northern and central Iraq Dec. 1, 2.
- Weapons seized in cache discoveries MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Five weapons caches were discovered over the weekend by Iraqi and U.S. troops throughout north-central Iraq.
- IEDs discovered, five suspects detained MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Five suspected terrorists were detained Dec. 4 after Iraqi Police and U.S. troops found an IED near Bayji and a cache of IEDs near Kirkuk.
- Operation Rams continues MNF-I 05 Dec 2005 -- Approximately 100 Iraqi Army Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division and 400 Soldiers from the 2/28 Brigade Combat Team, continued Operation Rams (Tallie) in Ramadi today.
- U.S. Chemical Warfare Denounced KCNA 05 Dec 2005 -- It is the aggressive nature and brutality of the U.S. imperialists that remains unchanged though century and the times have changed. The U.S. imperialists' loudmouthed "peace" and "anti-terrorism" seek dangerous plots for aggression and their nuclear and biological and chemical weapons are gravely threatening the existence of humankind.
- Former Iraqi PM Dies In U.S. Custody RFE/RL 05 Dec 2005 -- Former Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Hamzah al-Zubaydi, once one of Saddam Hussein's most senior deputies in the early 1990s, has died in U.S. detention.
- Iraqis Foil Attempt to Bomb Saddam Trial VOA 05 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi authorities say they have foiled an insurgent plot to bomb the trial of Saddam Hussein, which resumes in Baghdad Monday.
- Gunmen Kidnap a French Engineer in Baghdad VOA 05 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi police say gunmen have abducted a French engineer working at a water plant in Baghdad.
- Iraq: Do U.S. Troops Encourage Iraq's Insurgency? RFE/RL 05 Dec 2005 -- U.S. President George W. Bush has said that the United States will not set even a provisional timeline for the withdrawal of U.S. forces until the Iraqis forces are properly trained and capable of ensuring security.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 41 05 Dec 2005 -- IRAQ'S KURDS CLAIM THEIR RIGHT TO OIL / NEW SURGE OF KIDNAPPINGS TARGET WESTERNERS / HAMAD TRIES TO BREAK THE CYCLE OF SECTARIAN POLITICS
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list