Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
17 November 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 17 Nov 2005 [PDF]
- II MEF MARINE KILLED IN ACTION
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- SOLDIER KILLED IN VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Catch Suspects With Munitions AFPS 17 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi and coalition forces working a joint operation detained three suspected insurgents with a number of munitions Nov. 16, military officials reported.
- IED Kills Marine in Iraq; Three Insurgents Detained in Raid AFPS 17 Nov 2005 -- A roadside bomb killed a Marine assigned to Regimental Combat Team 2, 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), Nov. 16 near Hadithah, Iraq, military officials reported today.
- U.S., Iraqi Forces Make Gains Against Insurgents in Western Iraq AFPS 17 Nov 2005 -- American and Iraqi military forces are making inroads against insurgents holed up in western Iraq's Anbar province, a senior U.S. military officer told reporters at a Baghdad news conference today.
- Iraqi, U.S. forces secure suicide car bomb site MNF-I 17 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers responded to reports of a suicide car bomb detonating in east Baghdad shortly before 7 a.m. Nov. 15.
- Task Force Baghdad troops find, destroy mortar rounds MNF-I 17 Nov 2005 -- During combat operations in south Baghdad, Soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division discovered a weapons cache Nov. 15.
- Three detained in raid, caches discovered MNF-I 17 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi and U.S. Soldiers detained three men and confiscated an array of weapons during a hasty raid near Al Muqdadiyah Nov. 16 morning.
- Search nets terrorist suspects MNF-I 17 Nov 2005 -- A cordon and search mission in ad Dawr to deny a safe haven for terrorists in the area resulted in the detention of 20 suspected terrorists and the confiscation of weapons and materials used in the production of improvised explosive devices.
- Iraqi, U.S. forces make clean sweep of south Baghdad MNF-I 17 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi and U.S. Forces detained dozens of terror suspects during searches in south Baghdad as Operation Clean Sweep continued to clear neighborhoods of terrorist activity.
- Operation Steel Curtain update MNF-I 17 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Army Soldiers and Marines, Soldiers and Sailors continue Operation al Hajip Elfulathi (Steel Curtain) in the al Qaim region today.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary report AFPN 18 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Central Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary report.
- Operation sweeping Baghdad prior to elections Army News 18 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi and U.S. forces detained dozens of terror suspects during searches in south Baghdad as Operation Clean Sweep continued to clear neighborhoods of terrorist activity.
- Iraqi citizens thwart car bomb attack Army News 18 Nov 2005 -- Alert Iraqi neighborhood watch members in east Baghdad stopped a potential car bomb attack Nov. 15.
- Central Command Report, November 17: Iraq Update Washington File 17 Nov 2005 -- The U.S. military spokesman for the multinational forces in Iraq says the United States is providing its full support to an Iraqi government investigation of alleged abuse of detainees by Iraqi security forces.
- Embarked Security Teams Set Standard for Maritime Security in Gulf Navy NewsStand 17 Nov 2005 -- Embarked Security Teams (EST) based at Naval Support Activity (NSA) Bahrain continue to make up one of the most critical elements of maritime security in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operation.
- War in Iraq Office of Congressman John Murtha 17 Nov 2005 -- "The war in Iraq is not going as advertised. It is a flawed policy wrapped in illusion. The American public is way ahead of us. The United States and coalition troops have done all they can in Iraq, but it is time for a change in direction. Our military is suffering. The future of our country is at risk. We can not continue on the present course. It is evident that continued military action in Iraq is not in the best interest of the United States of America, the Iraqi people or the Persian Gulf Region."
- Republicans Respond to Democratic Lawmaker Proposal for Iraq Withdrawal VOA 17 Nov 2005 -- An influential Democratic member of Congress is urging the Bush administration to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq.
- Leading Congressman Calls for US Out of Iraq VOA 17 Nov 2005 -- A prominent Democrat is calling for the immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.
- Bush Lashes Out at Political Opponents Over Iraq Accusations VOA 17 Nov 2005 -- President Bush has again characterized Democratic Party lawmakers as "irresponsible" for accusing him of misleading the nation into the Iraq war.
- Former President Clinton Says Iraq War 'Big Mistake' VOA 17 Nov 2005 -- Former president Bill Clinton has criticized the U.S.-led war in Iraq as a "big mistake," saying officials failed to plan for what would follow the ouster of Saddam Hussein.
- Cheney Criticizes Democrats for Questioning Rationale for Iraq War VOA 17 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney has criticized Senate Democrats who have accused the Bush administration of purposely misleading the American public on intelligence leading up to the war in Iraq.
- U.S., Iraqi Governments Deplore Abuse of Detainees Washington File 17 Nov 2005 -- The U.S. and Iraqi governments are united in condemning the mistreatment of detainees anywhere, according to a statement issued by the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq, November 17.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list