11 November 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- SOLDIERS ASSIGNED TO MARINE EXPEDITIONARY FORCE KILLED
- MARINE DIES FROM IED
- Operation Steel Curtain update MNF-I 11 Nov 2005 -- Approximately 1,000 Iraqi Army Soldiers and 2,500 Marines, Soldiers and Sailors with Regimental Combat Team - 2 continue clearing the town of Karabilah of terrorists and weapons in Operation al Hajip Elfulathi (Steel Curtain).
- Suspected triggerman caught after bomb attack MNF-I 11 Nov 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers detained a suspected triggerman after a bomb attack north of Baghdad Nov. 10.
- Mortar cache destroyed MNF-I 11 Nov 2005 -- Coalition air forces acting on multiple intelligence sources and tips from local citizens, raided a suspected al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist mortar cache in the village of Qazwan, near Ramadi, Iraq Nov. 10 at approximately 3:43 a.m.
- Baghdad suicide bombing cell blown MNF-I 11 Nov 2005 -- Coalition Forces, acting on multiple intelligence sources and tips from local citizens, raided three suspected terrorist safe houses Nov. 10 to capture or kill members of a suspected Al Qaeda in Iraq suicide bomber cell operating in the Baghdad area.
- Rice Urges Iraqis to Put Sectarian Differences Aside VOA 11 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice paid a surprise visit to Iraq Friday, with stops in Baghdad and the northern city of Mosul.
- U.S. Secretary Of State Tells Troops To Help Iraqis RFE/RL 11 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice made an unannounced trip to Iraq today, visiting the northern city of Mosul and the capital Baghdad to meet with Iraqi officials and U.S. troops.
- Rice Makes Surprise Visit To Iraq RFE/RL 11 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul today on a previously unannounced visit.
- US Secretary of State Makes Surprise Visit to Iraq VOA 11 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condolezza Rice paid a surprise visit to Iraq Friday, five weeks before that country holds critical parliamentary elections.
- Rice Visits Baghdad, Mosul, in Surprise Iraq Mission VOA 11 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice paid a surprise visit to Iraq Friday, with stops in Baghdad and the northern city of Mosul
- Key US Senate Supporter of Iraq War Calls for Policy Changes VOA 11 Nov 2005 -- A Republican Senator who supports the war in Iraq is calling on the Bush administration to make broad changes in its strategy to fight the insurgency and increase troop deployments there.
- Iraq's Prime Minister Welcomes U.S. Secretary of State Washington File 10 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim Al-Jaafari welcomed the November 11 visit of U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to Iraq as a demonstration of "the support of the United States for Iraq [and] . the political process, democracy and elections."
- Iraqi Vice President Reports Security Progress, Warns of Shift in Terrorism VOA 11 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdul Mahdi said Thursday security progress has been made in his country but warned of possibility of more violence elsewhere.
- Top Aide To Saddam Hussein Reportedly Dies RFE/RL 11 Nov 2005 -- Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri, a former deputy of Saddam Hussein, reportedly died today.
- Iraq: RFI Interviews Presiding Judge In Saddam Trial RFE/RL 11 Nov 2005 -- RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) spoke with Iraqi Special Tribunal presiding Judge Rizgar Muhammad Amin in Al-Sulaymaniyah about the trial of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and seven of his associates.
- Brother Of Iraqi Parliament Speaker Reportedly Detained RFE/RL 11 Nov 2005 -- Reuters news agency has cited Iraqi officials as saying that a brother of Iraq's parliamentary speaker has been detained on suspicion of running an insurgent cell.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|