08 November 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 Nov 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Terrorists Killed, Captured in Ramadi; Iraqi Police Secure Attack Site AFPS 08 Nov 2005 -- Coalition forces killed two terrorists and captured six others today during a raid on an al Qaeda in Iraq safe house in Albu Bani near Ramadi, Iraq, military officials reported.
- 'Steel Curtain' drops on terrorists near Syrian border Army News 08 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi and U.S. Soldiers are fighting alongside Marines near the Iraq-Syria border in Operation Steel Curtain, which began over the weekend.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 08 Nov 2005 -- Officials at U.S. Central Command released today's airpower summary.
- Six terrorists captured in raid on Ramadi safe house MNF-I 08 Nov 2005 -- Coalition Forces captured six terrorists during a raid on an al Qaeda in Iraq safe house in Albu Bani near Ramadi Nov. 8
- Weapons cache discovered near LSA Anaconda MNF-I 08 Nov 2005 -- A patrol operating near Logistics Support Area Anaconda, southeast of Balad, discovered six separate weapons caches after observing an insurgent digging near a road Sunday afternoon.
- Citizen's tip leads U.S. Soldiers to bomb parts MNF-I 08 Nov 2005 -- Acting on a tip from an Iraqi civilian, Task Force Baghdad Soldiers discovered bomb-making materials Nov 6. in the back yard of an Abu Ghraib farmhouse.
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers take enemy by surprise MNF-I 08 Nov 2005 -- Speed and surprise gave Task Force Baghdad Soldiers the upper hand in fighting terrorists during operations in southern Baghdad Nov. 5-7.
- Former US Iraqi Security Force Commander Sees Progress VOA 08 Nov 2005 -- The former U.S. commander in charge of training Iraq's military said Monday progress is being made to create effective security forces, but more work is needed.
- UN Security Council extends mandate of multinational force in Iraq UN News Centre 08 Nov 2005 -- The United Nations Security Council decided unanimously today to extend the mandate of the United States-led multinational force in Iraq by one year, until the end of 2006, unless the Iraqi Government requests it leave earlier.
- UN Extends Coalition Mandate in Iraq VOA 08 Nov 2005 -- The U.N. Security Council has unanimously agreed to extend the mandate of the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq through the end of 2006
- Report: US Seeks UN Approval to Extend Stay in Iraq VOA 08 Nov 2005 -- A published report says the Bush administration has urged the United Nations Security Council to extend the mandate of the U.S.-led multinational forces in Iraq for at least a year after Iraqis elect their first government on December 15.
- IRAQ: Japan debt write-off to boost reconstruction efforts IRIN 08 Nov 2005 -- The Japanese government has agreed to write off 80 percent of the debt it is owed by Iraq, a move that will give the local reconstruction effort a much needed boost, government officials said on Tuesday.
- Talabani Asks Italy to Keep Troops in Iraq VOA 08 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said Tuesday that his country should be ready to start taking over security from international forces by the end of 2006.
- British Defense Secretary Says Terror Attacks in Iraq May Have Iranian Links VOA 08 Nov 2005 -- British Defense Secretary John Reid says recent terrorists attacks in Iraq may have links to elements in Iran.
- Iraq: Latest Killing Of Hussein Trial Lawyer Heightens Concerns RFE/RL 08 Nov 2005 -- Two lawyers representing co-defendants of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein were shot on 8 November in Baghdad
- Lawyers In Hussein Trial Reported Attacked RFE/RL 08 Nov 2005 -- In Baghdad today, gunmen opened fire on a car carrying two members of the team defending some of Saddam Hussein's co-defendants.
- Gunmen Kill Another Lawyer From Saddam Trial VOA 08 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi security officials say gunmen have killed a lawyer representing Saddam Hussein's co-defendants on charges of crimes against humanity.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|