Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
21 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 21 Oct 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: News Briefing with Maj. Gen. William G. Webster Jr 21 Oct 2005 -- Presenter: Commander of Multinational Division, Baghdad, Maj. Gen. William G. Webster Jr.
- Terrorist Safe House Destroyed; Police Station Attack Thwarted AFPS 21 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces detained five terrorists and seized a large weapons cache today when they raided a suspected al Qaeda safe house northwest of Qaim, Iraq, military officials reported.
- Team Quickly Turns Old Fort Into Detention Facility AFPS 21 Oct 2005 -- The team got the order to proceed in August, but the challenge began months earlier, when the U.S. military sought to expand the capacity of Iraq's detention facilities
- Baghdad Raids Helped Preempt Referendum-Day Attacks AFPS 21 Oct 2005 -- Preemptive raids conducted by U.S., other coalition and Iraqi forces in and around the Iraqi capital before the Oct. 15 referendum helped limit insurgent attacks on voting day, the U.S. military commander for troops in Baghdad said today.
- Five U.S. Troops Killed in Three Iraq Operations AFPS 21 Oct 2005 -- Three Marines and a soldier assigned to a Marine expeditionary force were killed in Iraq on Oct. 20, military officials reported.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers find cache, detain suspects in Bayji MNF-I 21 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers followed a civilian's tip and found a cache of explosives and weapons buried in several locations at a house in Bayji.
- Female detainee released MNF-I 21 Oct 2005 -- On Oct. 19, based on intelligence and credible reporting, Coalition Forces conducted a raid on suspected terrorist safe house in Fallujah.
- Coalition forces destroy terrorist safe house MNF-I 21 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces raided a suspected al-Qaeda in Iraq terrorist safe house near the town of al bu Hardan, northwest of Al Qaim on Oct. 21.
- Correction to captured foreign national information MNF-I 21 Oct 2005 -- During the weekly Multi-National Force-Iraq press conference Oct. 20, a slide was shown that incorrectly identified a detainee as a Danish citizen
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list