Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- U.S. Doubts al Qaeda Kidnapping Claim AFPS 02 Oct 2005 -- A full accountability check is under way today following what is believed to be a false al Qaeda claim of having kidnapped two U.S. Marines in western Iraq, Multinational Force Iraq officials said today.
- One U.S. Soldier, One Afghan Soldier Die Fighting Enemy AFPS 02 Oct 2005 -- Enemy forces killed an American soldier and an Afghan National Army soldier during fighting north of Kandahar, Afghanistan, Sept. 30, Combined Forces Command Afghanistan officials said today.
- Iraqi contractors take home $22 million in cash MNF-I 02 Oct 2005 -- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Gulf Region Southern District paid out more than $22,000,000 in cash Sept. 29 to Iraqi contractors contributing to a number of projects in nine southern provinces of the country.
- Iraqi, U.S. Forces seize terrorist weapons, bombs MNF-I 02 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers found five weapons caches hidden in north Baghdad Sept. 30.
- Al-Qaeda Claims 'Kidnapping' Of U.S. Marines RFE/RL 02 Oct 2005 -- A statement posted on a website used by Al-Qaeda claims the group has kidnapped two U.S. Marines in western Iraq.
- Iraq Death Toll Up Sharply In September RFE/RL 02 Oct 2005 -- Statistics issued by the Iraqi government indicate the number of Iraqis killed in attacks in September rose to 702 from 526 in August. Most of those killed were civilians.
- US Forces Press Offensive in Western Iraq VOA 02 Oct 2005 -- U.S. troops have killed eight insurgents in western Iraq, as military officials dispute claims that militants have kidnapped two U.S. Marines.
- Operation Iron Fist: Day 2 Update MNF-I 02 Oct 2005 -- Operation Kabda Bil Hadid (Iron Fist) continued today with a force of approximately 1,000 Marines, Soldiers and Sailors from Regimental Combat Team-2 engaging numerous terrorists in and around Sa'dah, approximately 12 kilometers east of the Syrian border.
- Marines doubt Al Qaeda claims; full accountability check in progress MNF-I 02 Oct 2005 -- There are no indications that Al Qaeda claims of having kidnapped two Marines in western Iraq are true.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers seize cache near Balad MNF-I 02 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers discovered and seized a cache of munitions buried in a field near Balad at about 11 a.m. Oct 2.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list