Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Sep 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: Special Defense Department Operational Update Briefing on Operations in Northwest Iraq 15 Sep 2005 -- Presenter: Colonel Robert Brown, Commander of The 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, Multinational Force-Northwest
- Car Bombs Kill More Than 150 in Iraq VOA 14 Sep 2005 -- In Baghdad, nearly a dozen car bombs exploded throughout the day Wednesday in and around the Iraqi capital, killing more than 150 people and wounding scores of others.
- Al-Qaeda Announces Suicide Attack Campaign In Iraq RFE/RL 14 Sep 2005 -- An Internet claim purportedly from Al-Qaeda in Iraq today announced a nationwide suicide-bombing campaign in Iraq.
- Car Bomb Kills 100 In Baghdad As Talabani Visits Washington RFE/RL 14 Sep 2005 -- A suicide bomber has killed over 100 people in Baghdad by driving a minibus loaded with explosives into a crowd of construction workers waiting to be hired for temporary work.
- Car Bomb in Baghdad Suburb Causes Mass Shi'ite Casualties VOA 14 Sep 2005 -- A series of insurgent attacks in and near Baghdad has killed more than 100 people and wounded scores of others - mostly Shi'ite Muslims.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers seize cache near Muqdadiyah MNF-I 14 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers seized a cache of weapons and ammunition near Muqdadiyah in Diyala Province in a raid at about 5:30 p.m. Sept. 13.
- Al Qaeda Declines in Northern Iraq, Military Officer Says AFPS 14 Sep 2005 -- Eighty percent of al Qaeda's network in northern Iraq "has been devastated" since January due to the capture or killing of key leaders and the outrage of Iraqi citizens, a U.S. troop commander told Pentagon reporters today.
- Iraqi, U.S. Forces Continue Response to Car-Bomb Attacks AFPS 14 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi security forces and U.S. soldiers continue to respond to car-bomb attacks in various districts of Baghdad, Iraq, today, military officials reported.
- Task Force Liberty Raid Nets Weapons, Two Detainees AFPS 14 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty soldiers seized a cache of weapons and ammunition near Muqdadiyah in Iraq's Diyala province in an evening raid Sept. 13, military officials reported today.
- State's Zoellick Calls for Iraqi Unity Through Political Process Washington File 14 Sep 2005 -- The future of Iraq depends on the ability of all its ethnic and sectarian communities to come together through the political process and work in the interests of the entire nation, according to Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick.
- Lawmakers Debate Downing Street Memo on Iraq War VOA 14 Sep 2005 -- There has been new debate in Congress over the Downing Street memo, the document quoting a British official in 2002 as saying the Bush administration shaped intelligence to justify a pre-determination to go to war against Saddam Hussein.
- Article 32 hearing set for Task Force Liberty Soldier MNF-I 14 Sep 2005 -- The Article 32 Hearing for a Soldier charged in the deaths of two Task Force Liberty Soldiers is scheduled to begin Sept. 19.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list