Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 07 Sep 2005 [PDF] [Incorrectly labeled "AS OF: Sep 6, 2005"]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- ONE SOLDIER KILLED IN ACCIDENT
- Iraqi, U.S. Soldiers find car bomb, 3 terror suspects MNF-I 07 Sep 2005 -- An Iraqi-U.S. Army cordon-and-search operation in west Baghdad led to the discovery of a vehicle-carried improvised explosive device in the early-morning hours of Sept. 6.
- Coalition Forces rescue hostages MNF-I 07 Sep 2005 -- At approximately 11:20 a.m. Sept. 7, Coalition Forces rescued American Roy Hallums and an Iraqi citizen from captivity in an isolated farm house located 15 miles south of Baghdad .
- Air strike destroys terrorist safe house MNF-I 07 Sep 2005 -- Coalition Forces conducted an air strike against an al-Qaida terrorist safe house in the western city of al-Jaramil Sept 7, further disrupting terrorist sanctuaries and activities in Iraq .
- Predator strike footage available on DVIDS MNF-I 07 Sep 2005 -- Multi-National Force - Iraq has released footage of an unmanned aerial vehicle strike on terrorists.
- Soldier Killed in Accident; Air Strike Destroys Terrorist Safe House AFPS 07 Sep 2005 -- One U.S. soldier was killed in a non-combat-related accident at about 6:30 p.m. local time today at Camp Taqaddum, Iraq, military officials reported.
- At Least Nine Iraqis Killed in Car Bombing VOA 07 Sep 2005 -- In Iraq Wednesday, US troops rescued an American contractor kidnapped more than 10 months ago, while a car bomb explosion in the southern city of Basra claimed more Iraqi lives.
- Hostage Released In Iraq RFE/RL 07 Sep 2005 -- The U.S. military say coalition forces have freed a U.S. contractor kidnapped in Iraq in November.
- Iraqi Army Takes Control of Najaf; U.S. Soldier Killed by IED AFPS 07 Sep 2005 -- A ceremony celebrating the transfer of authority of Forward Operating Base Hotel in Najaf, Iraq, and the anniversary of the end of hostile activities in Najaf was held at the base Sept. 6, military officials reported.
- Fighting Reported Across Iraq RFE/RL 07 Sep 2005 -- U.S. military jets bombed targets in Iraq near the Syrian border on 6 September where Al-Qaeda has reportedly expanded its presence.
- At Least Two Killed In Al-Basrah Explosion RFE/RL 07 Sep 2005 -- An explosion targeted a convoy today in the southern Iraqi city of Al-Basrah, damaging a vehicle and apparently killing at least two Westerners, believed to be private security guards.
- NAVHOSP Bremerton Staff Depart for Kuwait Navy NewsStand 07 Sep 2005 -- Nearly 40 staff members from Naval Hospital Bremerton left here Sept. 4 bound for the U.S. Military Hospital in Kuwait, where they will serve for approximately six months in direct support of combat operations in Iraq.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list