Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
22 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Bush Confident Iraq Constitution Will Reflect Values, Traditions Washington File 22 Aug 2005 -- President Bush says he is confident that Iraqi negotiators will produce a constitution "that reflects the values and traditions of the Iraqi people," and he has expressed his admiration for the country's leaders in overcoming obstacles, such as the threat from terrorism, to work together "on this vital project."
- Bush Defends Iraq Policy, Sees Hope in Middle East VOA 22 Aug 2005 -- President Bush is urging Americans to stand together in the fight against terrorism and the struggle to bring democracy to Iraq and peace to the Middle East
- Bush: U.S. Seeks 'Total Victory' Over Terrorists AFPS 22 Aug 2005 -- U.S. servicemembers are fighting and sacrificing in Iraq because that country "is a central front in the war on terror," President Bush told Veterans of Foreign War members gathered in Salt Lake City today.
- Iraqi Negotiators Submit Constitution, More Work Ahead VOA 22 Aug 2005 -- The speaker of Iraq's parliament, Hajim al-Hasani, says a draft constitution has been submitted on time, but Shi'ites, Kurds and Sunnis have three more days to resolve pending issues.
- Iraqis to Take 3 More Days to Resolve Constitutional Issues AFPS 22 Aug 2005 -- Iraq's National Assembly accepted a draft constitution today and will take the next three days to review the document and hammer out remaining differences before voting on it, the assembly spokesman announced today.
- Iraq Resumes Southern Oil Exports RFE/RL 22 Aug 2005 -- The company which runs Iraq's southern oil fields says the country has resumed exporting oil from its southern fields after a 16-hour suspension due to a power failure.
- Iraqi Constitution Makes Deadline, Not Yet Finalized RFE/RL 22 Aug 2005 -- Iraq's parliament received a draft of the country's constitution less than five minutes before a midnight deadline.
- Iraqi Politicians Wrangle Over Constitution As Deadline Looms VOA 22 Aug 2005 -- With only hours to go before Iraq's constitution deadline, Shi'ite, Sunni and Kurdish negotiators continue to differ over major issues.
- No Progress Seen In Iraqi Constitutional Talks RFE/RL 22 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi political leaders meeting in Baghdad continue to debate the details of a draft constitution ahead of today's deadline, but there are no signs of any breakthroughs.
- Iraq: Draft Constitution Due Today, But No Certainty It Is Ready RFE/RL 22 Aug 2005 -- Iraq is once again counting down to a midnight deadline for completing the draft of its first post-Saddam Hussein constitution.
- IRAQ: Focus on progress made in marshlands IRIN 22 Aug 2005 -- Hasan Aloki, a marsh Arab, looked at his empty boat after a long working day and gave a big sigh.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list