19 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 19 Aug 2005 [PDF]
- Transcript: Defense Department Briefing 19 Aug 2005 -- Presenter: Maj. Gen. David M. Rodriguez, commander, Multinational Force Northwest and Task Force Freedom
- US General Cites Decrease in Bomb Attacks in Northwest Iraq VOA 19 Aug 2005 -- The U.S. military says hidden explosive devices are the most common weapon used by insurgents in Iraq.
- Security Forces Making Strides in Northwest Iraq, Commander Says AFPN 19 Aug 2005 -- With elections on the horizon, Iraqi security forces in Iraq's northwest provinces are continuing to grow in ability and confidence, a senior commander in Iraq said today.
- Coalition Turns Over More Security Mission to Iraqis AFPS 19 Aug 2005 -- The coalition turnover of the security mission to Iraqi forces is proceeding apace in the area around Saddam's hometown, said the coalition commander in the area.
- Detainee dies following raid MNF-I 21 Aug 2005 -- A 65-year-old Iraqi detainee died Aug. 18 of an apparent heart attack following a house raid south of Iskandariyah.
- Normandy Completes Mission in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 19 Aug 2005 -- The guided-missile cruiser USS Normandy (CG 60) began its journey home to Naval Station Norfolk Aug. 12 as it concludes a six-month deployment to the Persian Gulf in support of maritime security operations (MSO).
- NMCB 3 Relieves NMCB 1 in Iraq Navy NewsStand 19 Aug 2005 -- Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 3 relieved NMCB 1 at a brief ceremony here Aug. 17.
- Cheney Says United States Will Remain Relentless in Iraq Washington File 19 Aug 2005 -- The United States is not relenting in Iraq, because the mission is too vital and the future of U.S. security is too important, says Vice President Cheney.
- U.S. Rejects Putin's Call For Iraqi Timetable RFE/RL 19 Aug 2005 -- The United States has rejected Russian President Vladimir Putin's call for a timetable on foreign troop withdrawals from Iraq.
- Supporters, Opponents Of Iraqi Federalism Make Cases RFE/RL 19 Aug 2005 -- Thousands of supporters of radical Iraqi Shi'ite leader Muqtada al-Sadr demonstrated in Baghdad today against plans to turn the country into a federation.
- Defense Secretary denies UK will 'cut and run' from Iraq IRNA 19 Aug 2005 -- Defense Secretary John Reid Friday insisted that British troops will stay in Iraq until job is done.
- Russia: Putin Calls For Withdrawal Timetable For Iraq RFE/RL 19 Aug 2005 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin called yesterday for a timetable for pulling foreign troops out of Iraq.
- Iraq: Al-Zarqawi Tactics Could Be Alienating Supporters RFE/RL 19 Aug 2005 -- Al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorist Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi's agenda may be proving too ambitious these days.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 28 19 August 2005 -- AL-ZARQAWI MAY BE ALIENATING WOULD-BE SUPPORTERS / NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AMENDS TRANSITIONAL LAW, EXTENDING DRAFTING PERIOD
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|