Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Aug 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MARINE KILLED IN AR RAMADI
- U.S. SOLDIER KILLED IN CAR BOMB ATTACK
- Transcript: Defense Department Briefing 09 Aug 2005 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld; and General Richard Myers, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Pentagon Says Iran Not Stopping Weapons Trafficking VOA 09 Aug 2005 -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has criticized the Iranian government, saying it is not stopping the flow of weapons across its border into Iraq
- EOD Airmen rely on high-tech, raw nerves AFPN 09 Aug 2005 -- Soldiers of the 56th Brigade Combat Team encounter explosive situations daily as they travel along Iraq's highways during convoy escort missions.
- Suicide Car Bomb Kills U.S. Soldier in Baghdad AFPS 09 Aug 2005 -- A terrorist detonated a car bomb near a Task Force Baghdad convoy today, killing one U.S. soldier and wounding two others in central Baghdad, Iraq, U.S. officials announced.
- Iraqi Police Detain Suspected Terrorists, Discover IED Caches AFPS 09 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi police found one mortar launch tube and arrested one suspected terrorist during a raid in the New Baghdad District in Baghdad, Iraq, Aug. 8, according to a Multinational Force Iraq report.
- Coalition, Iraqi Ministry Sign Historic Public Health Charter AFPS 09 Aug 2005 -- The children of Husseiniya, a town north of here, play among heaps of trash, lakes of standing groundwater and open sewage.
- Coalition, Iraqi ministry sign Husseiniya charter Army News 09 Aug 2005 -- On Aug. 1 Coalition Forces and members of the Iraqi ministry signed a charter to correct the health and public works crisis in Husseiniya.
- IED safe haven destroyed MNF-I 09 Aug 2005 -- Coalition Forces destroyed a house in Baghdad August 6 after confirmation that the structure was being used by terrorists as a storage site for improvised explosive devices.
- UPDATE: Operation Quick Strike nets car bomb factory MNF-I 09 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi Security Force soldiers and Marines from Regimental Combat Team-2 discovered a bomb in a building in Haqliniyah during Operation Quick Strike August 8 .
- Baghdad Attacks Target Police RFE/RL 09 Aug 2005 -- There was another series of attacks against Iraqi security forces in Baghdad today.
- Rumsfeld: Iraqi Constitution Could Be Powerful Weapon AFPS 09 Aug 2005 -- The new Iraqi constitution "will be a critical step in persuading the majority of Iraqis that the new Iraq is worth fighting for, that they have a stake in it," Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said here today.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list