Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
10 July 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Multiple Suicide Bombings in Iraq Kill Dozens VOA 10 Jul 2005 -- Iraq's interim prime minister promised to investigate how a suicide bomber was able to infiltrate a Baghdad army recruitment center, which extremists have targeted several times before. Sunday's bombing at the center killed at least 18 people and wounded more than 40.
- Iraq: Fresh Wave Of Suicide Bomb Attacks RFE/RL 10 Jul 2005 -- A relative lull in violence in Iraq during the past week was shattered today when a suicide bomber attacked an Iraqi Army recruiting center in western Baghdad -- killing at least 18 people and injured more than 40. Nine Iraqi Shi'ites from a single family in Baghdad also were killed in their home overnight.
- At Least 24 Killed In Iraq Suicide Bombings RFE/RL 10 Jul 2005 -- At least 24 people were killed and more than 50 wounded in three separate suicide bombings in Iraq today.
- Five Soldiers Hurt in IED Attack AFPS 10 Jul 2005 -- Five Task Force Baghdad soldiers were wounded when their patrol of six Humvees struck an improvised explosive device in the Baghdad's Rashid district today, officials reported.
- Task Force Liberty Soldier detain suspected mortar men MNF-I 10 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers conducted raid near Ad Duluiyah July 9 and detained four men suspected of firing mortars at coalition bases.
- Detained U.S. Citizen Released AFPS 10 Jul 2005 -- Coalition forces released Cyrus Kar, an Iranian-born U.S. citizen today, Multinational Force Iraq officials announced.
- U.S. Forces Release American Held In Iraq RFE/RL 10 Jul 2005 -- U.S. forces in Iraq have said they have freed an American citizen today whom they had been holding as a suspected insurgent.
- American released today MNF-I 10 Jul 2005 -- Coalition Forces released Cyrus Kar, an Iranian-born U.S. citizen, today.
- Operation Scimitar update MNF-I 10 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Coalition Forces are continuing Operation Scimitar (Qmtia) in the Zaidon region, southeast of Fallujah.
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers unearth weapons cache MNF-I 10 Jul 2005 -- A Task Force Baghdad unit uncovered a large weapons cache during cordon-and-search operations July 8 and 9 in north Baghdad.
- Combined operation nets large cache MNF-I 10 Jul 2005 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces conducting a joint operation discovered a large cache of mortar and artillery rounds July 9.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list