08 July 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 Jul 2005 [PDF]
- SOLDIER KILLED BY IED NEAR BALAD
- Transcript: Defense Department Special Briefing on Security Operations in Baghdad 08 Jul 2005 -- Presenter: Commander of Multinational Division Baghdad and Task Force Baghdad, Maj. Gen. William G. Webster, Jr.
- Airmen teach C-130 ops to Iraqis, learn about sacrifice AFPN 08 Jul 2005 -- When a crew of instructors deployed here to teach Iraqi airmen the finer points of flying and maintaining C-130 Hercules, they knew they had a monumental task in front of them. But what they found was something unexpected.
- Iraqi Forces on Track to Provide Baghdad Election Security AFPS 08 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi security forces in and around Baghdad are making progress in their training and will be ready to assume responsibility for security measures for the October elections, the area's top U.S. commander said today.
- Task Force Liberty and Iraqi Army Soldiers find caches near Balad MNF-I 08 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Liberty and Iraqi Army Soldiers found four weapons caches and detained three individuals near Balad July 7.
- 48th Brigade digs fiber optic cable MNF-I 08 Jul 2005 -- The daunting task to connect the 48th Brigade Combat Team so each unit can communicate with each other through a high-speed fiber optic cable has been given to Staff Sgt. Tom Laidlaw.
- Italy Announces Troop Withdrawal From Iraq RFE/RL 08 Jul 2005 -- Two countries purportedly threatened by an Islamic terrorist group responded defiantly today.
- U.S. Condemns Murder of Egyptian Envoy to Iraq Ihab al-Sherif Washington File 08 Jul 2005 -- Following is the text of a statement from acting State Department spokesman Tom Casey July 8, condemning the murder of Egyptian envoy to Iraq Ihab al-Sherif
- US General: Insurgents Can No Longer Mount Sustained Operations in Baghdad VOA 08 Jul 2005 -- The U.S. general who commands coalition forces in Baghdad says Iraqi and foreign troops have crippled the insurgency in recent months, and that it can no longer mount long-term, intense operations in the city.
- US and Iraqi Forces to Protect Foreign Diplomats in Baghdad VOA 08 Jul 2005 -- The senior U.S. general responsible for coalition operations in Baghdad says he is working with Iraqi officials on a new security plan for foreign diplomats, following the assassination of Egypt's top diplomat in the city.
- Security Council deplores Egyptian diplomat's murder in Iraq UN News Centre 08 Jul 2005 -- The Security Council today condemned the assassination of Ihab al-Sherif, Egypt's ambassador-designate to Iraq, and all terrorist attacks in that country, including the attempted assassinations of diplomats from Bahrain and Pakistan as well as attacks against other civilian personnel.
- Iraqi Government Urges Muslim Countries to Defy Terrorists and Send Ambassadors VOA 08 Jul 2005 -- The Iraqi government has urged Arab and Muslim nations to defy al-Qaida insurgents in the country and send their ambassadors to Baghdad. The government's call follows the kidnapping and execution of an Egyptian envoy and attacks on other diplomats in the Iraqi capital.
- Iraq Urges Arab States To Send Diplomats RFE/RL 08 Jul 2005 -- Iraq has called on Arab and Muslim countries to prove their commitment to the fight against terrorism by sending ambassadors to Baghdad.
- Iran condemns Egyptian diplomat assassination in Iraq IRNA 08 Jul 2005 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi here Friday condemned the brutal killing of head of Egypt's diplomatic mission in Baghdad.
- G8 Issues Statement Supporting Iraq's Transition Washington File 08 Jul 2005 -- The Group of Eight (G8) nations issued a statement voicing support for Iraq's transition to democracy, freedom, and protection of human rights at the annual G8 Summit, which took place at Gleneagles, Scotland, July 6-8.
- Mideast States Condemn Egyptian Diplomat Execution RFE/RL 08 Jul 2005 -- Middle Eastern governments have been speaking out in condemnation of the execution in Iraq of Egypt's top diplomat.
- Pope Condemns Execution Of Egypt Diplomat RFE/RL 08 Jul 2005 -- Pope Benedict has joined international condemnation of the execution in Iraq of Egypt's top diplomat.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|