Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
01 June 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 Jun 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Air Force Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing 01 Jun 2005 -- Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and Air Force General Richard Myers, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Troops Sweep Through Baghdad, Bombings Continue VOA 01 Jun 2005 -- In Iraq, Operation Lightning continues, but a suicide bomber slipped through the net and hit the main checkpoint into Baghdad International Airport. Iraqi security forces have reportedly arrested hundreds of insurgents in a city-wide sweep this week.
- Gunships Nail Suspected Foreign-Fighter Safe House in Iraq AFPS 01 Jun 2005 -- U.S. helicopter gunships fired on a suspected foreign-fighter safe house north of the Euphrates River near Husaybah early today, military officials in Iraq reported.
- Coalition forces raid suspected safe house near Husaybah MNF-I 01 Jun 2005 -- Coalition forces raided a suspected foreign-fighter safe house north of the Euphrates River near Husaybah in the early morning hours of June 1.
- US Forces repel terrorist attack near BIAP MNF-I 01 Jun 2005 -- A Suicide Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device was detonated just outside an entrance to Baghdad International Airport injuring 15 civilians.
- Seabees Rebuilding Iraqi Forces' Training Sites Navy NewsStand 01 Jun 2005 -- Military training facilities near here are being rebuilt for Iraq's newly-formed military and police organizations by Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 24, assisted by the 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force and the Army's 2nd Brigade Combat Team.
- 5th CAG cares for Haditha Hospital's wounds USMC News 01 Jun 2005 -- Since the middle of March, Team 4, Detachment 4, 5th Civil Affairs Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force (FWD), has played a vital role in Haditha.
- Air boss coordinates Marine air missions in Iraq USMC News 01 Jun 2005 -- For the past three months, six Marines here have worked tirelessly in the base's air boss shop as the link to the Tactical Air Command Center in Al Asad, Iraq.
- Rumsfeld Warns Countries Not to Help Zarqawi VOA 01 Jun 2005 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has warned countries near Iraq not to provide sanctuary or medical treatment to Iraq's al-Qaida leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who is believed to have been wounded by coalition forces.
- Myers Says 85 Percent of Iraqis Likely to Vote in October AFPS 01 Jun 2005 -- Some 85 percent of Iraqis said they will vote in October elections to ratify a new constitution in October, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said at a Pentagon news conference today, citing recent polling data.
- Iraq: Kurdish Parties Agree To Convene Parliament RFE/RL 01 Jun 2005 -- The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) have agreed to convene the Kurdistan parliament following months of political wrangling over the presidential post and leadership of a unified Kurdish administration.
- Iraqi FM Zebari Praises US Role in Post-Saddam Iraq VOA 01 Jun 2005 -- Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari has met U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in Washington for talks on the situation in war-torn Iraq.
- United States, European Union To Host Iraq Conference in Brussels Washington File 01 Jun 2005 -- The United States and the European Union (EU) will co-host an international conference with Iraq June 22 in Brussels, Belgium, that will serve as a forum for the new Iraqi Transitional Government to present its priorities, vision and strategies for the transition period leading up to the next round of elections in late 2005.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list