Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 May 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Two Suicide Bombings in Iraq Kill at Least 25 VOA 30 May 2005 -- U.S. troops arrested the head of a largely Sunni political party, but released him soon after and admitted to a mistake. Mohsen Abdul-Hamid, leader of the Iraqi Islamic Party, who once held the rotating presidency of the former U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council. Meanwhile, a pair of deadly bomb blasts have struck public buildings.
- Suicide Bombings In Al-Hillah Kill At Least 20 RFE/RL 30 May 2005 -- Police say bomb explosions in the Iraqi town of Al-Hillah today killed up to 20 people and injured some 35 others.
- Iraq: Domestic Security Forces Hunt Insurgents In Baghdad RFE/RL 30 May 2005 -- An estimated 40,000 Iraqi soldiers and police officers have launched a massive security sweep in the capital Baghdad. They are setting up checkpoints and searching homes in an effort to root out insurgents. Dubbed "Operation Lightning," the crackdown comes following a wave of insurgent attacks that have killed more than 720 people since Iraq's new Shi'ite-led government was announced on 28 April.
- Coalition forces raids in Rahwah and Karabilah net key anti-Iraqi terrorists MNF-I 30 May 2005 -- Acting on intelligence sources and tips provided by Iraqi citizens, Multi-National forces conducted simultaneous raids in the Rahwah and Karabilah regions to capture or kill terrorists within the Abu Musab al-Zarqawi network.
- Terrorists dead following attack on Security Forces MNF-I 30 May 2005 -- Soldiers from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) killed several terrorists and captured four people suspected of anti-Iraqi activities in northern Iraq Sunday in combined operations with Iraqi Security Forces.
- Operation New Market ends in Haditha MNF-I 30 May 2005 -- Coalition troops from Regimental Combat Team-2 and Iraqi Security Forces and completed Operation New Market May 29.
- Coalition forces detain, release Mr. Muhsin Abdul Hamid MNF-I 30 May 2005 -- This morning Coalition forces detained and interviewed Muhsin Abdul Hamid.
- Iraqi Air Force aircraft crashes MNF-I 30 May 2005 -- An Iraqi Air Force aircraft crashed May 30 in eastern Diyala province during an operational mission with four U.S. personnel and one Iraqi on board.
- Cobras strike in support of border fight USMC News 30 May 2005 -- The quiet air of the camp is broken as the whoop-whoop of two AH-1W Super Cobras taking to the sky fills the area.
- Force Protection Company watches Camp Fallujah's back USMC News 30 May 2005 -- With the security of Camp Fallujah and II Marine Expeditionary Force, Headquarters Group, II MEF (FWD), area of operations in its hands, many lives depend on the Marines and sailors of Force Protection Company.
- ISF, 1/6 sprout new roots outside Saqlawiyah USMC News 30 May 2005 -- The morning sun's rays had not even touched the farmers' unadorned concrete houses as a group of figures approached their lands.
- 2nd LAR searches village for insurgents USMC News 30 May 2005 -- Marines from 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion raided a small Bedouin village near Akashat in search of insurgents and anti-Iraqi forces.
- MSD 22 to Return From 5th Fleet Navy NewsStand 30 May 2005 -- Mobile Security Detachment (MSD) 22 returned home during the Memorial Day weekend in May from a successful six-month deployment after providing force protection for Iraqi oil terminals in the Northern Persian Gulf.
- JORDAN: Refugees moved from no-man's-land IRIN 30 May 2005 -- The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Jordan confirmed on Monday that refugees from Iraq living in a camp located in no-man's-land on the Jordanian/Iraqi border had been moved further inland in the kingdom to a better location.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list