Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
23 May 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 23 May 2005 [PDF]
- THREE TASK FORCE FREEDOM SOLDIERS KILLED, ONE INJURED
- TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED
- TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED IN VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Operation Squeeze Play Aims to Crack Down on Terrorists AFPS 23 May 2005 -- Local commanders from the Iraqi Interior and Defense ministries and coalition forces met May 21 to discuss Operation Squeeze Play, which is designed to deal with terrorist actions in Baghdad's Rusafa neighborhood.
- Four Soldiers Killed in Iraq; Hundreds of Terrorists Detained AFPS 23 May 2005 -- Four U.S. soldiers were killed May 22 in operations in Iraq, while coalition and Iraqi forces continue to round up weapons and suspected terrorists.
- Defense Department Report, May 23: Gulf Exercise, Iraq Roundup Washington File 23 May 2005 -- "EAGLE RESOLVE" FOCUSED ON REDUCING WMD VULNERABILITIES / IRAQI SECURITY FORCES ROOT OUT SUSPECTED INSURGENTS
- Security forces continue to apply pressure on terrorists MNF-I 23 May 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained 12 suspected terrorists, and seized a weapons cache during operations in northern Iraq May 22.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers repel attack on Coalition Forces base in Samarra MNF-I 23 May 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers repel attack on Coalition Forces base in Samarra
- Operation Squeeze Play nets 285 suspects on first day MNF-I 23 May 2005 -- Coalition Forces, in conjunction with the Iraqi Army and Ministry of Interior Forces, have detained 285 suspected terrorists in the western Baghdad district of Abu Ghraib in less than 24 hours.
- Operation Squeeze Play: Cracking down hard on terror MNF-I 23 May 2005 -- Local commanders from the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defense, and Coalition Forces met May 21 to discuss how to deal with terrorist actions in Baghdad 's Rusafa neighborhood.
- Baghdad raids net 22 terrorists, weapons, $6 million MNF-I 23 May 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad units nabbed 15 terror suspects during six early-morning raids conducted throughout Baghdad on May 22.
- Team America hits streets in Iraq USMC News 23 May 2005 -- Marines with 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment have a large area of operations and sometimes they need to form new platoons to maintain military presence over the areas.
- Despite deployment training continues USMC News 23 May 2005 -- Staff Sgt. Timothy S. Hall, future operations and planning section, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Headquarters Group, II MEF (FWD) with the help of Cpl. Arthur D. Estrada Jr., air support liaison team, Regimental Combat Team 8, 2nd Marine Division, is giving Marines, and anyone else interested, the opportunity to enhance their combat readiness through the MCMAP program.
- Communications detachment keeps Marines in Kalsu connected USMC News 23 May 2005 -- this remote base occupied mostly by U.S. Army personnel, the Marines' presence is minimal.
- Reserve Marines assist Al Anbar Provincial Government USMC News 23 May 2005 -- The 20-year-old, reserve Marine from Salisbury, Md. often stands guard outside of meetings at the Government Center and each time he does this, he helps make history.
- Reserve Marine's civilian skills improve living conditions for fellow Marines USMC News 23 May 2005 -- Many people take the simple things in life for granted. Indoor plumbing, central air - even light bulbs are luxuries Marines often do without.
- Mobile Security Detachment 22 Departs Iraqi Oil Terminals Navy NewsStand 23 May 2005 -- Mobile Security Detachment (MSD) 25 officially replaced Maritime Security Detachment 22 as the security force aboard Iraq's Al Basrah (ABOT) and Khawr Al Amaya Oil Terminals (KAAOT) May 23.
- 3rd Radio Battalion heads to Iraq USMC News 23 May 2005 -- More than 50 members of 3rd Radio Battalion, Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay, began their journey back to Iraq May 13 and 14, as family and friends bid them farewell from the Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay Annex parking lot.
- Iraqi Army ready to take reins in Sadr City Army News 23 May 2005 -- History is being made at Camp Hope - currently home of the U.S. Army's 3rd Battalion, 15th Infantry, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division - as 3rd Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 6th Iraqi Army Division prepares to take charge of half of Sadr City in June.
- Iraq: Sunnis Seek Greater Political Participation RFE/RL23 May 2005 -- Iraq's once dominant Sunni minority has largely stayed outside of the country's political process, including boycotting landmark elections for a National Assembly in January. But now there are increasing signs the Sunni leadership is changing its position.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list