Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 May 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- 109 Terrorists, Series of Weapons Caches Snared in Iraq Raids AFPS 08 May 2005 -- Multinational force operations netted 109 terrorists and suspects throughout Iraq today and May 7, and included finding large weapons caches.
- Abu Ghraib Attack Planner Caught AFPS 08 May 2005 -- Multinational forces reported today capturing Abu al Abbas, a wanted associate of terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, in Baghdad May 5.
- Abu Ghraib attack planner captured MNF-I/MNC-I 08 May 2005 -- Multi-national forces captured wanted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi terrorist, Amar Adnan Muhammad Hamzah al-Zubaydi, aka Abu al Abbas during an early morning raid in Baghdad May 5.
- Huge cache destroyed near Al Amiriyah MNF-I/MNC-I 08 May 2005 -- Marines and Soldiers of Multi-National Force - West recently discovered and destroyed hundreds of weapons and tons of ammunition found in 13 hidden caches near Al Amiriyah, in Al Anbar province.
- Task Force Baghdad raids snare 38 terror suspects MNF-I/MNC-I 08 May 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers stormed through terror networks here, netting 33 suspected terrorists, including two high value targets in a series of early morning raids May 7.
- Coalition forces detain 17 in Babil Province MNF-I/MNC-I 08 May 2005 -- Multi-National Division Central-South troops detained 17 terror suspects during cordon and search operations May 7 in Babil Province.
- 54 terrorists netted in Al Qaim raid MNF-I/MNC-I 08 May 2005 -- Multi-national forces initiated operations north of Al Qaim May 8 to capture or kill terrorists within the Abu Musab al-Zarqawi network. Multiple sources of intelligence indicate that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's key lieutenants, suicide bombers and a large population of foreign fighters are located in the region in and around Al Qaim.
- Wing EOD team serves Al Asad USMC News 08 May 2005 -- One of the greatest and most dangerous obstacles Marines face while supporting struggle for freedom and the security of the people of Iraq is the improvised explosive device.
- Air-defense gunners set standard for convoy security USMC News 08 May 2005 -- Practice makes perfect. The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war. Train like you fight.
- Iraqi Cabinet Still Short One Post VOA 08 May 2005 -- Iraq's parliament approved what was to be the final six ministers for the country's first democratically-elected government in the post-Saddam era. But one minister has declined to accept his post, leaving the Cabinet with a vacancy.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list