14 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- IRAQ WRAP VOA 14 Apr 2005 -- Insurgents detonated twin car bombs near Iraq's Interior Ministry in Baghdad today, killing at least 15 people and injuring dozens of others. Insurgents have carried out a series of attacks this week on Iraqi police and security forces.
- VBIED detonates near Coalition base in Tikrit MNF-I/MNC-I 14 Apr 2005 -- A vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated outside a Coalition base in Tikrit at about 6:50 a.m. April 14.
- Iraqi Police, Task Force Baghdad respond to car bombs MNF-I/MNC-I 14 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad has determined the source of two mid-morning explosions that killed dozens of Iraqi citizens April 14.
- Suicide Car Bombers Kill 15 In Baghdad RFE/RL 14 Apr 2005 -- Two suicide car bombers killed at least 15 people in the Iraqi capital Baghdad today.
- Tallil joint security force upholds law, order AFPN 14 Apr 2005 -- Airmen of the 407th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron have joined forces with military policemen of the Texas Army National Guard's 36th Infantry Division to uphold law and order here.
- Seahawk maintainers keep Q-4 on the prowl USMC News 14 Apr 2005 -- When an EA-6B Prowler flies overhead, the unique resonance of the air ripping apart drowns out all other ambient sounds.
- Carrier Air Wing 3 Returns from War on Terrorism Navy NewsStand 14 Apr 2005 -- Nearly 40 aircraft and their air crews will return to the Norfolk area April 16-17 following a six-month deployment to the Persian Gulf aboard the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75).
- US / IRAQ INSURGENCY VOA 14 Apr 2005 -- The director of operations for the U.S. Central Command, which is responsible for conducting the war in Iraq, says in spite of continuing attacks the effort to defeat the insurgency is making progress. In an interview, Brigadier General Douglas Lute said key aspects are the development of Iraq's security forces and increased cooperation from ordinary Iraqis.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 14 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- Iraq: Election Of Talabani Marks Victory For Middle East's Kurds RFE/RL 14 Apr 2005 -- The appointment of Jalal Talabani, a prominent Kurdish politician, as Iraqi president last week was widely celebrated by millions of Kurds scattered across the Middle East. The move could have two divergent effects: it might encourage Kurds to integrate better in the countries they live in, but it might also raise their aspirations for a Kurdish state.
- Pakistan taking all possible steps for hostage release - minister IRNA 14 Apr 2005 -- Pakistan said that all possible measures were being taken to get its Baghdad-based embassy official released from captives.
- UK Lib Dems pledge no more Iraq-style wars without UN mandate IRNA 14 Apr 2005 -- The Liberal Democrats Thursday made a firm commitment in its election manifesto that Britain must not support any more illegal military intervention like Iraq.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 14 Apr 2005
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|