Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
10 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Air Assault battalion makes 3rd ID history MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- The 3rd Infantry Division has fought in theaters all over the globe, engaging enemies with infantry, armor, artillery, aviation and just about every other possible type of asset during its history.
- VBIED wounds one Task Force Liberty Soldier in Baqubah MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- One Task Force Liberty Soldier was wounded in Baqubah when a vehicle-born improvised explosive device detonated near the Soldier's combat patrol at about 6:45 a.m. April 10.
- Multi-National Forces detain terrorists MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained 13 suspected terrorists during operations in northern Iraq April 10.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detain three suspected terrorists in Ali Humaid MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained three suspected terrorists in possession of self-incriminating evidence in Ali Humaid, east of Ad Dujayl in Salah Ad Din Province, at about 8:40 p.m. April 9.
- IRAQ / GOVERNMENT VOA 10 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's new president says U.S. and other allied forces are still needed in his country, but that he hopes a withdrawal of foreign troops will be possible within the next two years.
- New Iraqi President Backs Further U.S. Presence RFE/RL 10 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's new president, Jalal Talabani, said today that he supports a continued U.S. military presence in his country, citing a lack of trained army and security forces.
- IRAQ VOA 10 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's parliament met Sunday for the fifth time since its inauguration last month to discuss security and procedural matters. The session was held as kidnappers reportedly seized an employee of the Pakistani Embassy.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list