08 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- MARINE DIES IN FALLUJAH MISHAP
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED BY IED
- More Violence Reported In Iraq RFE/RL 08 Apr 2005 -- An Iraqi morgue official today said that the corpses of 10 Iraqi civilians were found east of Baghdad.
- Four detained in raid in Khadasia MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained four suspected terrorists during a raid in Khadasia, north of Tikrit, at about 10:20 p.m. April 7.
- Forward-Deployed Amphibious Ready Group Returns to Sasebo Navy NewsStand 08 Apr 2005 -- The Forward-Deployed Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) returned to Sasebo, Japan, April 6, completing a successful eight-month deployment that included operations in the Persian Gulf and in support of Operation Unified Assistance, following the Dec. 26 tsunami in Southeast Asia.
- Iraqi Government Moving Forward AFPS 08 Apr 2005 -- With the recent elections of Iraq's president, vice presidents, speaker and prime minister, that country's transitional national government is moving ahead.
- NATO pledges to continue training Iraqi security personnel IRNA 08 Apr 2005 -- The Secretary General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, congratulated Jalal Talabani for his election as President of Iraq, and Ghazi al-Yawer and Adel Abdul Mahdi for their elections as Vice Presidents.
- Solana expresses full EU support to new leadership in Iraq IRNA 08 Apr 2005 -- Javier Solana, European Union High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy, Thursday sent a message of congratulations to the new Iraqi leadership and hoped that a new government would be formed soon
- Khatami: War in Iraq promotes terrorism and expansionism IRNA 08 Apr 2005 -- President Mohammad Khatami here Thursday said that the war in Iraq mainly accounts for promotion of terrorism and expansionism in the world.
- NEW IRAQI GOVERNMENT A 'HOPEFUL' DEVELOPMENT US Dept. of State IIP, Foreign Media Reaction 08 Apr 2005
- US Seeks New Ways To Fight Roadside Bombs in Iraq, Afghanistan VOA 08 Apr 2005 -- The U.S. Defense Department is in the midst of an effort to find new ways to fight roadside bombs, which have accounted for more than half of the U.S. casualties suffered in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent years.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 13 08 Apr 2005 -- PRESIDENTIAL CHOICE IS LANDMARK FOR KURDS/ RFI REPORTS ON JALAL TALABANI / CHOICE OF IRAQI PARLIAMENT SPEAKER REVEALS SUNNI DISCORD / KIDNAPPING OF ROMANIAN JOURNALISTS APPEARS TO BE ELABORATE SCHEME / PROFILE: IBRAHIM AL-JA'FARI
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|