Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
05 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 05 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER DIES
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Iraqi General Kidnapped in Baghdad RFE/RL 05 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's interior ministry says armed men have kidnapped an Iraqi army general in western Baghdad.
- Terrorist Killed, Reporter Shot in Wake of Mosul Suicide Bombing AFPS 05 Apr 2005 -- Soldiers from the 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) killed a terrorist and injured a reporter today during an incident in northeastern Mosul, Iraq, military officials reported.
- One terrorist killed, reporter injured during attack MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Apr 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) killed one terrorist and injured a reporter during an incident in northern Iraq April 5.
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers capture terrorists, arsenal MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers conducted an early-morning raid of several objectives in south Baghdad April 4, resulting in the capture of nine terrorists, weapons and bomb-making materials.
- Coalition Forces and Iraqi Army Soldiers attack terrorists in Diyala Province MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Apr 2005 -- Coalition Forces and Iraqi Army Soldiers encountered and attacked terrorist forces in a remotely populated region east of Baghdad at about 4 p.m. on April 4.
- Vehicle safety and awareness show improvement in Iraq Army News 05 Apr 2005 -- From October 2004 to January 2005, Coalition forces in Iraq suffered 48 troop fatalities due to military-vehicle related accidents.
- RICE-IRAQ ENVOY VOA 05 Apr 2005 -- President Bush is nominating Zalmay Khalilzad, a former White House national security aide and the current U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan, to be the new U.S. envoy to Iraq. He'll replace John Negroponte, who has left the Baghdad post to become national intelligence director.
- Abu Ghraib Attacks Show Terrorists Still Deadly, Bush Says AFPS 05 Apr 2005 -- Two separate attacks on Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison complex in recent days are a sign that the al Qaeda terrorist group still is deadly, President Bush said at the White House today.
- Rice: 'Proven Record' Led to Choice of New Iraq Ambassador AFPS 05 Apr 2005 -- Citing his "proven record of building consensus and achieving results in very tough situations," Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice announced today that Zalmay Khalilzad is President Bush's choice as the next U.S. ambassador to Iraq.
- IRAQ PARLIAMENT VOA 05 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's parliament is preparing Wednesday to choose the country's new president, two months after the first democratic elections in a half-century. Senior political leaders say the new prime minister is also likely to be named.
- Agreement Near On President, Vice Presidents In Iraq RFE/RL 05 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's political factions are said to have reached agreement today on the country's next president and vice presidents.
- Bush, Yushchenko Discuss Ukraine's Iraq Role RFE/RL 05 Apr 2005 -- Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko met with U.S. President George W. Bush for more than an hour in Washington, D.C. yesterday and reaffirmed his decision to end Ukraine's military effort in Iraq.
- Saddam has seen lawyer only once IRNA 05 Apr 2005 -- The British government has denied that the US has been restricting overthrown Iraqi president Saddam Hussein from legal representation even though he has met a lawyer on only one occasion since his arrest in December 2003.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 05 Apr 2005
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 12 05 Apr 2005 -- IRAQIS REMEMBER POPE AS ADVOCATE FOR PEACE / ALLEGED TERRORIST LEADER TO BE DEPORTED FROM NORWAY / THE AL-QAEDA LINK / RELATIONS WITH AL-ZARQAWI / UN INQUIRY CLEARS ANNAN, BUT FAULTS MANAGEMENT ON IRAQ PROGRAM / RFI ON THE ARBA'IN OBSERVANCE IN KARBALA / PACHACHI ANNOUNCES CANDIDACY FOR VICE PRESIDENT
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list