Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 March 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 Mar 2005 [PDF]
- MARINE KILLED IN ACTION
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Seven detained near Hawija MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Mar 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained seven people suspected of a rocket attack near a Coalition Forces base near Hawija about 3:30 p.m., March 29.
- TF Liberty Soldiers detain Iraqi for throwing grenade MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Mar 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained an individual for throwing a grenade at a combat patrol near Kirkuk about 9:15 p.m., March 29.
- Coalition Forces hand terrorists another defeat MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Mar 2005 -- Coalition Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team), conducted an operation in northern Iraq March 29.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers find cache in Tikrit MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Mar 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers seized a weapons cache in Tikrit at 5:30 p.m. March 29.
- MQ-1 PREDATOR CRASHES IN IRAQ CENTCOM 30 Mar 2005 -- An Air Force MQ-1 Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle crashed in Rawah, Iraq, at approximately 7:00 p.m. March 30.
- Iraqi, U.S. forces gain ground against terrorists MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Mar 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers are gathering strength and putting a dent in the fighting capabilities of international terrorists.
- Second Predator crashes in Iraq AFPN 30 Mar 2005 -- An MQ-1 Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle crashed in Rawah, Iraq, at about 7 p.m. on March 30, officials said.
- Kearsarge ESG Completes Onload of 26 MEU, Heads Out on Deployment Navy NewsStand 25 Mar 2005 -- The USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) completed embarkation of the 26 Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) off the coast of North Carolina March 27, and is now headed east on their deployment in support of the global war on terrorism.
- Army Updates Detainee Operations Information Army News Release 30 Mar 2005 -- The Army continued its effort to keep the public informed concerning detainee operations by releasing documents pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) litigation with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- Troop-Strength Assessment in Iraq Expected This Summer AFPS 30 Mar 2005 -- The commander of Multinational Force Iraq is expected to assess the situation on the ground in mid-summer to recommend how many troops are required to sustain operations in Iraq, Air Force Lt. Gen. Lance L. Smith, deputy commander of U.S. Central Command, said today.
- Iraqis, Not Coalition, Must Defeat Insurgents, Rumsfeld Says AFPS 30 Mar 2005 -- "In the last analysis it will be the Iraqi people that will defeat the insurgency, not the coalition," Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told reporters here March 29.
- UN envoy stresses need for neighbouring states to support Iraqi transition UN News Centre 30 Mar 2005 -- The senior United Nations envoy for Iraq looked beyond its borders today, discussing with Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Mohammed Sabah al-Salim al-Sabah the importance of next month's meeting of neighbouring states in Istanbul in showing a willingness to support the transition process in the conflict-torn country.
- UN: Inquiry Clears Annan, But Faults Management On Iraq Program RFE/RL 30 Mar 2005 -- An inquiry into the Iraqi oil-for-food program has found that United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan did not improperly influence a contract for a company that employed his son. But the independent inquiry raises new criticisms of UN management of the Iraqi humanitarian program.
- IRAQ PARLIAMENT REACT VOA 30 Mar 2005 -- Iraqis are reacting with anger and disappointment to the latest delay in forming a new government, two months after the country's first democratic elections in decades. VOA's Scott Bobb reports from Baghdad that the second session of the national assembly ended in shouting and finger-pointing as members failed to agree on a candidate for speaker.
- Iraq: Army More Visible On Baghdad Streets, But Still A Fledgling Force RFE/RL 30 Mar 2005 -- One of Washington's stated priorities in Iraq is the handover of responsibility for security in that country to the new Iraqi army.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list