Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
04 March 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 04 Mar 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- FOUR SOLDIERS KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- SOLDIER KILLED, ONE INJURED IN VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- One killed and two wounded at Baghdad check point MNC-I/MNF-I 04 Mar 2005 -- At approximately 8:55 p.m. on March 4, Coalition Forces assigned to the Multi-National Force-Iraq fired on a vehicle that was approaching a Coalition checkpoint in Baghdad at a high rate of speed.
- No relief for anti-Iraqi insurgents MNC-I/MNF-I 04 Mar 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Multi-National Forces detained 42 individuals suspected of insurgent activity and confiscated weapons in northern Iraq March 3.
- Iraqi Security Forces and Coalition Forces detain ten MNC-I/MNF-I 04 Mar 2005 -- Coalition Forces and Iraqi Security Forces detained ten people suspected of terrorist activity in northern Iraq March 3.
- U.S. Soldiers seize weapons cache MNC-I/MNF-I 04 Mar 2005 -- U.S. soldiers of B Company, 150th Engineer Battalion, 155th Brigade Combat Team of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force recently discovered a weapons cache within a residence located northeast of Forward Operating Base Dogwood.
- ITALY/HOSTAGE RELEASE VOA 04 Mar 2005 -- U.S. military officials say U.S. forces in Iraq have fired on a car carrying a freed Italian hostage, injuring her and killing another passenger. An Italian government agent escorting the journalist was killed in the incident.
- PENTAGON / IRAQ SHOOTING VOA 04 Mar 2005 -- The U.S. military has acknowledged that coalition forces fired at the car carrying freed Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena in Baghdad Friday evening, but says the vehicle was approaching a checkpoint at a high rate of speed.
- Italian Journalist Injured at Checkpoint After Gaining Freedom AFPS 04 Mar 2005 -- Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena was injured today when coalition forces fired on a vehicle that was approaching a checkpoint in Baghdad at high speed, Multinational Force Iraq officials announced in a written statement.
- Airmen track terrorists off base AFPN 04 Mar 2005 -- To keep Balad Air Base, Iraq safe and secure, the Airmen of Task Force 1041 venture off base daily to take the fight to the enemy.
- Four Hours in Fallujah can be exhuasting USMC News 04 Mar 2005 -- Spending only four hours with Regimental Combat Team 1 can prove to be exhausting but eventful. Just ask Sgt. Michael S. Smith, a section leader for RCT-1's personal security detachment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force.
- VMA-311 changes hands in Iraq USMC News 04 Mar 2005 -- Lt. Col. Robert Kuckuk took control of Marine Attack Squadron-311 from Col. Clyde Woltman during a change of command ceremony in Al Asad, Iraq, Monday.
- MACS-1 returns from deployment USMC News 04 Mar 2005 -- After seven months of helping fight the war on terrorism, 250 Marines and two sailors from Marine Air Control Squadron-1 returned to station Feb. 27.
- 90 Iraqi dual-use sites looted or razed - UN weapons of mass destruction panel UN News Centre 04 Mar 2005 -- About 90 of 353 sites in Iraq containing dual-use equipment and materials that can be used for either peaceful ends or acquiring weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) have been looted or razed, according to the latest report of the United Nations commission that was in charge of disarming Iraq of such arms.
- Officials Provide Update On Iraq Reconstruction AFPS 04 Mar 2005 -- Terrorist attacks have hampered the reconstruction process in Iraq, but officials there said today that work to rebuild the country continues.
- IRAQ RECONSTRUCTION VOA 04 Mar 2005 -- Senior U.S. officials responsible for the 21-billion-dollar Iraq reconstruction project say work is continuing, in spite of insurgent attacks, and the situation has improved in recent months. The officials spoke from Baghdad to reporters at the Pentagon.
- Iraq Extends State Of Emergency RFE/RL 04 Mar 2005 -- Iraq is moving into its fifth month under an official state of emergency.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list