Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
04 January 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 04 Jan 2005 [PDF]
- ONE MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- ONE 1ST ID SOLDIER KILLED, ONE WOUNDED IN IED ATTACK NEAR BALAD
- THREE SOLDIERS KILLED, TWO WOUNDED IN IED ATTACK
- Baghdad Governor Assassinated RFE/RL 04 Jan 2005 -- Baghdad Governor Ali al-Haydari has been assassinated by gunmen in the Iraqi capital, according to police and hospital sources.
- TWO ARRESTED FOR INCITING ANTI-IRAQI VIOLENCE CENTCOM 04 Jan 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained two people wanted for preaching anti-Iraqi rhetoric during operations on Jan. 3 in northern Iraq.
- ATTACK ON POLICE STATION RESULTS IN SIXTH DEFEAT FOR INSURGENTS CENTCOM 04 Jan 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces decisively defeated another attack by anti-Iraqi insurgents as they attempted to seize a police station in southeast Mosul yesterday.
- SECURITY REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE IN MOSUL, INITIATE JOINT OPS WITH IRAQI SFS CENTCOM 04 Jan 2005 -- Elements of the 82nd Airborne Division, the 81st Enhanced Separate Brigade, 6th Brigade of Iraqi Commandos and additional elements of the 25th Infantry Division reinforced Task Force Olympia and began combined Iraqi Security Force and Multi-National Force operations to ensure security for the January 30 elections.
- CHILD'S TIP LEADS MULTI-NATIONAL SOLDIERS TO A LARGE WEAPONS CACHE CENTCOM 04 Jan 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade (Stryker Brigade Combat Team), 25th Infantry Division (Light), discovered a large cache of weapons and munitions based on a child's tip during operations on Jan. 3 in northern Iraq.
- Daily operations summary for January 3, 2005 MNF-I/MNC-I 04 Jan 2005 -- Iraq forces discovered and cleared 13 improvised explosive devices, discovered and cleared eight weapons caches, conducted five cordons and searches of suspected anti-Iraqi forces facilities, conducted one raid on a suspected anti-Iraqi forces facility and detained 40 suspected AIF.
- Insurgents are their Own Worse Enemy MNF-I/MNC-I 04 Jan 2005 -- Two insurgents determined on committing a terrorist act in Baghdad Monday, Jan 3 wound up as the only victims as their vehicle exploded before they reached their target. An additional insurgent was wounded in the blast.
- AIF suspect detained near Tikrit MNF-I/MNC-I 04 Jan 2005 -- First Infantry Division Soldiers detained a suspected anti-Iraqi force financier at a traffic control point near Tikrit on January 3 at about 7:40 p.m.
- DoD Announces OEF/OIF Rotational Unit 04 Jan 2005 -- The Department of Defense announced today that the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 28th Infantry Division, Pennsylvania Army National Guard, will deploy to Iraq in support of the Operation Iraqi Freedom rotations scheduled to begin in mid-2005.
- BUSH / IRAQ VOA 04 Jan 2005 -- The White House is condemning today's (Tuesday's) assassination of the governor of Baghdad province. The Bush administration says there are no plans to delay Iraqi elections later this month.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 04 Jan 2005
- IRAQ WRAP VOA 04 Jan 2005 -- Gunmen in Iraq have assassinated the governor of Baghdad province and 10 other people in a series of attacks. More Iraqi leaders are now raising questions about whether elections should take place later this month in light of the dangerous security situation.
- Recent Attacks On Political Figures In Iraq RFE/RL 04 Jan 2005
- IRAQ: Humanitarian chronology 2004 IRIN 04 Jan 2005
- IRAQ: Death toll in Fallujah rising, doctors say IRIN 04 Jan 2005 -- "It was really distressing picking up dead bodies from destroyed homes, especially children. It is the most depressing situation I have ever been in since the war started," Dr Rafa'ah al-Iyssaue, director of the main hospital in Fallujah city, some 60 km west of Baghdad, told IRIN.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list