Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 January 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Suicide Car Bomb Kills 21 In Iraq RFE/RL 02 Jan 2005 -- At least 21 people were killed when two suicide bombers rammed a car into a bus carrying Iraqi National Guards today.
- Suicide Car Bomb Kills 18 Iraqis RFE/RL 02 Jan 2005 -- A suicide car bomber today killed 18 Iraqi National Guards and a civilian riding in a bus outside a U.S. military base north of Baghdad.
- Daily Operations Summary for January 01, 2005 MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Iraq Forces discovered and cleared 17 improvised explosive devices, discovered and cleared eight weapons caches, conducted 12 cordons and searches of suspected anti-Iraqi Forces facilities, conducted three raids on suspected anti-Iraqi Forces facilities and detained 116 suspected AIF
- Attack on Police Station Results in Defeat for Insurgents MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces decisively defeated another attack by anti-Iraqi insurgents as they attempted to seize a police station in southeast Mosul on Jan. 1. Also, Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team), detained 14 people for anti-Iraqi activities during operations Saturday in northern Iraq.
- Soldiers Wounded in VBIED Attack MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers were attacked today in southwestern Baghdad, at approximately 5 p.m. when a patrol was struck by a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device. Two Soldiers were wounded in the attack.
- Soldiers Detain Two in Attack in Baghdad MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers took enemy fire in western Baghdad at approximately 12:45 on Sunday, Dec 2.
- Sweeping Operations Net More Weapons Caches MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Reconnaissance Marines from the 1st Marine Division of the I Marine Expeditionary Force discovered weapons caches Jan. 1 and 2 during sweeping operations near Abu Ghraib.
- IEDs Explode During Patrol in North Babil MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers were attacked today in North Babil at approximately 5 p.m. when four improvised explosive devices detonated near their patrol.
- Soldiers Detain 13 Suspected Insurgents MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Thirteen suspected insurgents were detained by Soldiers from Company C, 1st Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, during a late-night raid Jan. 1.
- Stepping up the Pressure on the Insurgents MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- In pre-dawn hours of Jan. 2, several thousand Soldiers and Marines from the 1st Cavalry Division's 2nd Brigade Combat Team initiated Operation River Walk, increasing the pressure on insurgents who intimidate the residents in Northern Babil and threaten to disrupt fair elections scheduled later this month.
- Raids Net Setainees; Soldiers of the 1st Marine Division Keep Insurgents MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Soldiers of the 1st Marine Division of the I Marine Expeditionary Force detained 63 individuals during the course of several raids Jan. 1 in the vicinity of Khalidiyah.
- Elements of 82nd Airborne Division Arrive in Mosul MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Elements of the 82nd Airborne Division arrived in Mosul on Jan. 1 in an effort to provide enhanced security and stability for the Jan. 30 elections.
- Signal Battalions Transfer Authority MNF-I/MNC-I 02 Jan 2005 -- Two Army signal battalions rang in the New Year by passing the responsibility of command and control of communications support during a transfer of authority ceremony here on Jan. 1.
- US / IRAQ VOA 02 Jan 2005 -- Four weeks before historic national elections in Iraq, U.S. lawmakers of both parties are voicing cautious optimism about prospects for a successful, if imperfect, democratic exercise in the violence-wracked nation.
- US fighters violate Iranian air space: report IRNA 02 Jan 2005 -- A US warplane has violated Iranian air space, this time a border edge near Afghanistan in the eastern province of Razavi Khorassan, in the latest spate of such overflights reported by the press.
- Iranian FM Will Not Attend Iraq Conference RFE/RL 02 Jan 2005 -- Iran announced today that Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi will boycott a scheduled conference of Iraq's neighbors in Jordan this week.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list