Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 November 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 Nov 2004 [PDF]
- FIRST ID SOLDIER DIES FROM WOUNDS AFTER IED ATTACK
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Task Force Danger Soldiers Detain Five in Samarra Raids MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Nov 2004 -- Task Force Danger Soldiers captured five anti-Iraqi force members during raids near Samarra at about 11:30 p.m., November 29.
- Iraqi Security Forces and Multi-National Forces Detain Nine During Operation MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained nine people suspected of anti-Iraqi activities during operations on Nov. 29 in northern Iraq.
- Iraqi Security Forces take control of An Najaf province MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Nov 2004 -- Approximately three months after decisive combat operations ended in Najaf, the 11th MEU commander declared today that Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) have formally assumed local control of An Najaf province.
- Iraqi and Marine Forces Capture 14, Find More Munitions South of Baghdad MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi and U.S. forces rounded up 14 suspected anti-Iraqi forces and uncovered three arms caches south of Baghdad Monday, November 29, as stepped-up efforts to quell insurgent activity in northern Babil province continued for a seventh day.
- Western Baghdad Car Bomb Wounds Five Soldiers MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Nov 2004 -- A vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated at approximately 10:20 a.m. today, wounding five Task Force Baghdad Soldiers in western Baghdad.
- 11th MEU transfers authority of Al Qadisiyah province MNF-I/MNC-I 30 Nov 2004 -- The 11th MEU relinquished operational control of Al Qadisiyah province to the Polish-led Multi-National Division Central South (MND-CS) during a ceremony here today.
- Airmen help Soldiers keep OIF supplies rolling AFPN 30 Nov 2004 -- By moving nearly 1.3 million pounds of cargo in one day recently, Balad-based Airmen assigned to the Arrival/Departure Air Cargo Group are breaking new ground for cargo movement supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Marines, Iraqi Security Forces add to Fallujah's storied history USMC News 30 Nov 2004 -- Fallujah has been a city prone to violence dating back to Roman times.
- Lima Company fights through Fallujah's mean streets USMC News 30 Nov 2004 -- Marines of Company L, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, fought their way through terrorists, insurgents and foreign fighters in Fallujah, Iraq, for two weeks during Operation Al Fajr.
- VP-4 Deploys Navy NewsStand 30 Nov 2004 -- Seventy-five Sailors from Patrol Squadron (VP) 4 deployed from Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, Nov. 27 in support of Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
- Iraq: Worried By Kurdish Ambitions, Turkomans Seek Greater Recognition RFE/RL 30 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi Kurds have long sought to make the northern city Kirkuk the capital of an independent Kurdistan. It's a goal that has raised fears among the more than 3 million Turkomans living in northern Iraq. Turkomans have been a significant presence in the region for 1,000 years. But they have been largely ignored by the U.S.-led coalition and the interim government in Baghdad in the planning of Iraq's future.
- Iraqi Police, National Guard Take Control of Security in Najaf Washington File 30 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi security forces have formally assumed local control of Najaf province, the commanding officer of the U.S. 11th Marine expeditionary unit announced November 30.
- IRAQ: Educating the young about elections in the north IRIN 30 Nov 2004 -- "In 1978, the Iraqi constitution described Kurds and Arabs as equal partners in Iraq. In reality, that was a lie. Why would these January elections change that?"
- IRAQ: Out-of-country voting critical to quash vote buying claims IRIN 30 Nov 2004 -- Thousands of Iraqis currently living in Iran have been promised land and money if they return home in time to vote in the 30 January elections, according to at least two officials at the Ministry of Migration and Displacement (MoMD).
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list