Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
23 November 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 23 Nov 2004 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: Defense Department Operational Update Briefing 23 Nov 2004 -- Secretary Of Defense Donald Rumsfeld; and General Richard Myers, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- IRAQI FORCES AND TASK FORCE DANGER SOLDIERS DETAIN 38 IN A RAID NEAR KIRKUK CENTCOM 23 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi ESU forces and Task Force Danger Soldiers from 2nd Brigade, 25th Infantry Division detained 38 individuals in a raid conducted near Kirkuk on November 23 at about 2:00 a.m.
- MARINE UNIT CONTINUES OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS IN JABELLA CENTCOM 23 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi Security Forces, backed by elements of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, increased operations today in the south-central Iraqi town of Jabella. Operations, which started earlier this morning, continued the campaign in the northern Babil province aimed at rooting out anti-Iraqi forces.
- MNF Continue Crack Down on Anti-Coalition Forces USMC News 23 Nov 2004 -- Marines from Company C, 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, provided an outer cordon on Nov. 21 in this small town, while more than 30 members of the Iraqi Specialized Special Forces searched a school and a mosque nearby.
- ISF, MNF Launch Major Offensive South Of Baghdad MNF-I/MNC-I 23 Nov 2004 -- The Iraqi SWAT team, backed by elements of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, swept through the south-central Iraqi town of Jabella today, kicking off a fresh campaign in northern Babil province aimed at rooting out anti-Iraqi forces still reeling from their decisive defeat in Fallujah.
- Bravo Co. pushes through Fallujah during 'Operation Al Fajr' USMC News 23 Nov 2004 -- The Marines of Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, Battalion Landing Team, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, pushed through the terrorist-infested city of Fallujah during two weeks of firefights, weapons seizures and detainments.
- Rumsfeld, Myers Detail Iraq Progress AFPS 23 Nov 2004 -- Terrorists and former regime elements used 66 of the 77 mosques in Fallujah as ammunition bunkers and to plan attacks, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said during a press conference today.
- In Egypt, Annan urges world unity to promote stable and prosperous Iraq UN News Centre 23 Nov 2004 -- Declaring that the people of Iraq "are once again being tested by fire" after suffering decades of brutal misrule and devastating wars, United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan today called on the international community, especially neighbouring countries, to unite in promoting a stable and prosperous nation there.
- Reconstructing Police Stations Adds to Iraqi Security AFPS 23 Nov 2004 -- During the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime, many Iraqi police left their posts, and looters and vandals destroyed most of the police stations in Baghdad. The same was true in major cities throughout Iraq.
- IRAQ: Date industry revived IRIN 23 Nov 2004 -- A project to revitalise Iraq's fledging date industry started this month as 1 mt of palm trees were distributed to the municipality of al-Tashree in southern Baghdad, with tons more to be delivered to farms around Baghdad in the coming days.
- EGYPT / IRAQ CONFERENCE VOA 23 Nov 2004 -- An international conference on the future of Iraq, which ended in Egypt Tuesday, offered support for the interim Iraqi government's election plan, and called on all nations to help make the election a success. The meeting was held in the Egyptian town of Sharm El Sheikh and was attended by representatives of all of Iraq's neighbors, as well as by the Group of Eight industrialized nations, the United Nations, the European Union, the Arab League, the Organization of the Islamic Conference and China.
- Conference Urges 'Noninterference' In Iraq RFE/RL 23 Nov 2004 -- A two-day international conference in the Egyptian resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh has ended with a show of unity to support elections in Iraq set for 30 January.
- Annan, Foreign Ministers Urge Inclusive Vote In Iraq RFE/RL 23 Nov 2004 -- UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan and foreign ministers attending a conference in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, called for Iraq to ensure widespread participation in upcoming elections.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list