Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 November 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- ISF, Marines capture Insurgents in Northern Babil MNF-I/MNC-I 06 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi Security Forces with elements of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit rounded up 41 insurgents during multiple operations south of Baghdad Nov. 5.
- Mortars Hit Camp Babylon MNF-I/MNC-I 06 Nov 2004 -- Camp Babylon came under mortar attack Nov. 5 just before midnight. One explosion was heard in the vicinity of Camp Babylon, and one mortar grenade exploded inside the camp.
- Fallujah-Ramadi Operations Update MNF-I/MNC-I 06 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi Security Forces and the I Marine Expeditionary Force continue to degrade and disrupt anti-Iraqi forces in the Fallujah-Ramadi area. I Marine Expeditionary Force employed U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Air Force aviation assets to deliver precision munitions to destroy preplanned targets in Fallujah.
- Weapons Cache Seized MNF-I/MNC-I 06 Nov 2004 -- Marines with the I Marine Expeditionary Force discovered a weapons cache Nov. 6, denying the enemy use of the following ordnance: 388 mortars, 80 artillery shells, 42 tank rounds, 16 rocket warheads, and 2 mortar tubes.
- Explosion in western Baghdad wounds three Soldiers MNF-I/MNC-I 06 Nov 2004 -- Three Task Force Baghdad Soldiers were wounded Nov. 6 at about 2:40 p.m., when a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated on their convoy in western Baghdad.
- IRAQ/WRAP VOA 06 Nov 2004 -- At least 33 people died in multiple car bomb attacks in the Iraqi city of Samarra, while U.S. and Iraqi forces prepare for a major assault on insurgents in the city of Fallujah. And the U.S. military said 20 U.S. marines were wounded in the town of Ramadi.
- U.S. Bombards Al-Fallujah; Car Bombs In Samarra RFE/RL 06 Nov 2004 -- Ahead of an expected major assault on insurgents there, U.S. forces bombarded the rebel-held city of Al-Fallujah overnight, the heaviest air and artillery strikes on the city in months. While that assault appears imminent, insurgents struck in another Iraqi city, killing some 33 people in a series of car-bomb blasts in Samarra.
- U.S. Welcomes EU Pledge of Assistance to Iraq Washington File 06 Nov 2004 -- The United States welcomed the reaffirmation of the European Union's promise of financial and personnel assistance for Iraq in a White House statement issued on November 5.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list