Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 May 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Gen. Myers Says U.S. Has Not Withdrawn from Fallujah Washington File 03 May 2004 -- The U.S. Marines have not withdrawn from the beleaguered city of Fallujah in Iraq, nor have U.S. objectives in that city changed, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Richard Myers said in talk show appearances May 2.
- Captured Contractor Escapes, Found by U.S. Troops AFPS 02 May 2004 -- An American truck driver in Iraq seized by insurgents April 9 apparently escaped his captors and was picked up today by U.S. forces, a senior U.S. official said.
- U.S. Hostage Escapes In Iraq RFE/RL 02 May 2004 -- U.S. contract worker Thomas Hamill was recovered by U.S. forces south of the Iraqi city of Tikrit today, three weeks after he was captured by suspected insurgents.
- 4 US Soldiers Killed in Iraq VOA News 02 May 2004 -- U.S. military officials in Iraq say four American soldiers have been killed in two separate clashes.
- FARP fueling 3rd MAW success Marine Corps News 02 May 2004-- Providing unrelenting support to aviation assets here, the Marines of Forward Arming and Refueling Point, Marine Wing Support Squadron 374, Marine Wing Support Group 37, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, work around-the-clock to make certain 3rd MAW planes and helicopters have the fuel they need to "stay in the fight."
- Marines make big steps in small town Marine Corps News 02 May 2004-- The Marines walking the streets called the patrol "routine," but hunting terrorists and building relationships in Iraq's small towns is turning out to be the most important mission of all.
- Controlled burn clears view for MWSS-374 Marine Corps News 02 May 2004-- The scene unfolded in a scripted symphony of fiery devastation. The sharp crackling of dry reed and underbrush blended frantically with the pungent aroma of the thick, dark smoke that filled the sky. Amidst the choreographed inferno stood the two Marines responsible for setting the designated area ablaze- systematically reducing it to a pasture of smoldering ash.
- 1st FSSG puts equipment on fast track to Fallujah Brigade Marine Corps News 02 May 2004-- Supporting efforts to quickly employ Iraqis in helping coalition forces stabilize Fallujah, Marines of the 1st Force Service Support Group sped weapons and gear to the city to outfit a newly created Iraqi army battalion May 1, 2004.
- Report Awaited on Alleged Prisoner Abuse in Iraq AFPS 02 May 2004 -- The U.S. military's top officer today said he'd soon review results of an investigative report conducted on detainee operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- U-S / IRAQ PRISONERS VOA 02 May 2004 -- U-S military officials say all who engaged in or encouraged the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners will be brought to justice. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Richard Myers, addressed the subject days after photographs surfaced of U-S servicemen forcing Iraqi prisoners to engage in demeaning acts.
- In Washington, Annan voices hope that US and UK will discipline soldiers who beat Iraqi prisoners UN News Centre 02 May 2004 -- United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan today voiced concern about photos of Iraqi prisoners allegedly being beaten by United States and British soldiers, and urged the authorities of both countries to discipline those involved.
- ANNAN/OIL FOR FOOD VOA 02 May 2004 -- U-N Secretary General Kofi Annan is urging the world to wait for the results of an independent investigation into Iraq's Oil-for-Food program before rushing to judgment. Critics accuse U-N staffers and contractors working for the international organization of helping the Saddam Hussein government illegally siphon off billions of dollars from the program.
- Body of dead German elite anti-terror trooper found in Iraq IRNA 02 Apr 2004 -- German Foreign Ministry spokesman Walter Lindner announced Saturday that the body of one of two elite GSG-9 anti-terror troopers who were killed during an ambush near the Iraqi town of Fallujah last month, had been found and properly identified, DPA reported.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list