Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
05 March 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 05 Mar 2004 [PDF]
- 4th ID and Task Force Ironhorse operations CENTCOM Release 05 Mar 2004-- 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse conducted 207 patrols and four raids and captured 10 individuals Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- 1st Armored Division tower guards keep watch over city, comrades CENTCOM Release 05 Mar 2004-- From afar, the tower looks simple, quiet and safe.
- Stryker Brigade detains subjects, collects weapons CENTCOM Release 05 Mar 2004-- Soldiers from 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) under the operational control of Task Force Olympia detained personnel suspected of anti-Coalition activities and conducted ongoing weapons collection operations in northern Iraq Thursday.
- 4th ID and Task Force Ironhorse operations CENTCOM Release 05 Mar 2004-- 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse conducted 207 patrols and three raids and captured 38 individuals Wednesday and Thursday.
- Al Anbar leaders hold, plan rallies to denounce terrorist attacks CENTCOM Release 05 Mar 2004-- Local leaders held a peaceful demonstration outside the government center here Wednesday to denounce the recent terrorist attacks in Baghdad and Karbala.
- Karbala road repairs near completion CENTCOM Release 05 Mar 2004-- Task Force All American personnel conducted road-repair quality-assurance checks on a project here designed to provide travelers with safe, dependable roads.
- TF OLYMPIA, IRAQI POLICE DETAIN THREE, COLLECT WEAPONS CENTCOM Release 11 Mar 2004-- Soldiers from 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) and local Iraqi police detained personnel suspected of anticoalition activities and conducted ongoing weapons-collection operations in northern Iraq.
- MOSUL POLICE THANK COALITION FORCES FOR ASSISTANCE CENTCOM Release 11 Mar 2004-- Iraqi policemen from the Mosul area met with soldiers from the U.S. Army's 503rd Military Police Battalion Wednesday to thank them for their assistance in providing security and stability in northern Iraq over the past year.
- 4ID, TF IRONHORSE OPERATION UPDATE CENTCOM Release 11 Mar 2004-- 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse conducted 162 patrols and seven raids and captured 21 individuals Monday and Tuesday.
- STRYKER BRIGADE DETAINS NINE, COLLECTS WEAPONS, FOILS POWER LINE SABOTAGE CENTCOM Release 11 Mar 2004-- Soldiers from 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained personnel suspected of anticoalition activities and conducted ongoing weapons-collection operations in northern Iraq Tuesday and Wednesday. Coalition soldiers also foiled the sabotage of power lines in Mosul.
- MEF Marines train behind 8-ball in Kuwait Marine Corps News 11 Mar 2004-- In case the commanding general ever needs to be evacuated from a "hairy situation," they're the guys tasked with getting it done. So they train to drive like Hollywood stunt men and firefight their way out of jams - for example, being pinned down by a larger enemy force.
- Civilians among deploying personnel Marine Corps News 11 Mar 2004-- When newspapers headlines or the 10 o'clock news report on deployments, they usually talk about men and women in uniform - not slacks, jeans or button-down shirts. But U.S. troops aren't the only people who deploy during times of war. A small number of civilian contractors and Department of Defense employees are usually called upon to support the troops "in every clime and place."
- Marines role-play Iraq missions Marine Corps News 11 Mar 2004-- It's Saturday morning and a bunch of Marines are huddled around computers in separate rooms, battling each other. But this is no arcade, and they're not playing video games. They're preparing for redeployment to Iraq by using computer-aided, combat simulation systems at the I Marine Expeditionary Force's Battle Simulation Center.
- MWHS-3 supports OIF II in Iraq Marine Corps News 11 Mar 2004-- July 2003 marked the return of the last units from Operation Iraqi Freedom to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Calif.
- HMM-466 takes off in Iraq Marine Corps News 11 Mar 2004-- Pilots and crews of Marine CH-53E Super Stallion helicopters from Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 466 began their first flight operations here Feb. 28.
- 'Win the Peace' coalition delivers hope for future AFPN 11 Mar 2004-- More than 200 students at a school outside Nasiriya, Iraq, received a surprise delivery of school supplies donated by "Win the Peace." WTP is an unofficial, organization made up of Airmen with the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing at a forward-deployed location.
- Senator Edward M. Kennedy Delivers Speech to the Council on Foreign Relations Office of Sen. Kennedy 05 Mar 2004
- KENNEDY / IRAQ VOA 05 Mar 2004 -- One of the U-S Senate's most senior Democrats is accusing President Bush of exaggerating the threat that Saddam Hussein's Iraq posed to the world. Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy used a speech Friday to question why C-I-A Director George Tenet waited until last month to say that Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction did not pose an imminent danger.
- Bremer Says Iraqi Attacks Failed to Inflict Division AFPS 05 Mar 2004 -- The coalition's civilian administrator dismissed suggestions today that the March 2 attacks on Shiia pilgrims in Baghdad and Karbala have driven a wedge between coalition forces and the Iraqis.
- Last-Minute Disagreements Delay Signing Of Interim Iraqi Constitution RFE/RL 05 Mar 2004 -- The scheduled signing into law today of Iraq's interim constitution has been indefinitely delayed by the reported last-minute refusal of five members of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council (IGC) to take part.
- IRAQ / CONSTITUTION VOA 05 Mar 2004 -- A last-minute disagreement has delayed the signing of Iraq's interim constitution. Five Shi'ite members of the Interim Governing Council raised objections shortly before the signing ceremony was due to start Friday afternoon.
- Iraq: Analysts Say Borders Are Lines In The Sand That Are Easily Crossed RFE/RL 05 Mar 2004 -- The United States says it is strengthening security on Iraq's borders. The measures are designed to prevent the infiltration of foreign militants who are accused of being behind the 2 March bombings, which killed and injured hundreds of people. Analysts, however, say the country's porous borders will be difficult to control anytime soon.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 7, Number 08 05 Mar 2004 -- EXPLOSIONS ROCK KARBALA AND BAGHDAD ON MUSLIM HOLY DAY / AL-SISTANI ISSUES STATEMENT ON ASHURA BOMBINGS / SCIRI HEAD SAYS BOMB ATTACKS THWARTED IN AL-NAJAF / SUNNI AND SHI'ITE CLERICS MARCH IN SOLIDARITY IN BAGHDAD... / ...AS SHI'ITE CLERIC'S AIDE SAYS IRAQ FACING CONSPIRACY / CPA HEAD ISSUES STATEMENT ON ASHURA BOMBINGS / ANSAR AL-SUNNAH ARMY VOWS MORE ATTACKS, CRITICIZES SHI'A IN IRAQ... / ...WHILE PURPORTED AL-QAEDA LETTER DENIES ROLE / KURDS REPORTEDLY VANDALIZE TURKOMAN HEADQUARTERS / GOVERNING COUNCIL AGREES ON TRANSITIONAL ADMINISTRATION LAW... / ...CANCELS DECISION NO. 137 / AL-HAKIM CALLS FOR EXPANDING GOVERNING COUNCIL / CMM LEADER CRITICIZES GOVERNING COUNCIL, BUT SAYS HE WOULD JOIN / IRAQI TURKOMAN FRONT LEADER CALLS FOR RECOGNITION OF TURKOMANS / HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP CALLS FOR RECOGNITION OF CHALDO-ASSYRIANS / LEADING CLERIC COMMENTS ON UN REPORT / KURDISH ANSAR MEMBER CLAIMS LINKS TO AL-QAEDA / LARGEST JAPANESE CONTINGENT THUS FAR ENTERS IRAQ / IRAQI DONORS COMMIT $1 BILLION FOR IRAQI PROJECTS / SUNNIS, SHI'ITES REPORTEDLY CLASH IN NORTHEAST IRAN / IRANIAN GOVERNMENT ASKS CITIZENS NOT TO VISIT IRAQ FOLLOWING ASHURA ATTACKS / IRANIAN GOVERNMENT ASKS CITIZENS NOT TO VISIT IRAQ FOLLOWING ASHURA ATTACKS / GUL APPEARS MIFFED BY IRAQI TRANSITIONAL ADMINISTRATION LAW. / UNMOVIC ISSUES 16TH QUARTERLY REPORT ON IRAQ, STANDS READY TO RESUME INSPECTIONS / UN SPECIAL REPRESENTATIVE SAYS WORLD BODY READY TO 'RE-ENGAGE.' / U.S. COMMANDER SAYS INTELLIGENCE INDICATED ATTACKS WOULD TAKE PLACE / BLAIR, BREMER SAY TERRORISTS CONTINUE TO INFILTRATE IRAQ'S BORDERS / FORMER BRITISH MINISTER SAYS GOVERNMENT SPIED ON KOFI ANNAN / RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTER RULES OUT SENDING FORCES TO IRAQ / SWITZERLAND LOCATES MILLIONS IN IRAQI FUNDS
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list