Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 February 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- United States Firm on Iraq Sovereignty by June 30 Washington File 15 Feb 2004 -- The United States remains committed to a June 30 deadline for return of sovereignty to Iraq, Ambassador L. Paul Bremer said on television interviews broadcast February 15.
- U-S / IRAQ VOA 15 Feb 2004 -- The U-S administrator for Iraq says continuing violence and bloodshed in the nation underscore the need for U-S - led coalition forces to remain in Iraq beyond the Bush Administration's planned handover of power on June 30th.
- Terrorists Know Time Running Out as Iraqi Sovereignty Approaches 15 Feb 2004 -- As the June 30 turnover of sovereignty in Iraq to the Iraqi people approaches, terrorists trying to start a civil war in the country know their window of opportunity is closing, the Coalition Provisional Authority administrator said today.
- Bremer Opens Iraq's First Human Rights Ministry Washington File 15 Feb 2004 -- Iraq's first human rights ministry, opened February 14, is intended to help Iraq emerge from the "darkness of tyranny to the light of the modern world, " according to chief U.S. Administrator for Iraq L. Paul Bremer.
- IRAQ/NEIGHBORS VOA 15 Feb 2004 -- Foreign ministers from Egypt and the six countries neighboring Iraq ended a two-day summit in Kuwait by calling for the United Nations to oversee the transfer of power to the Iraqi people. Iraq's neighbors also promised not to interfere in Iraq's internal affairs, but said clamping down on terrorism in Iraq is vital to the region's security.
- Rafsanjani stresses need to hold free elections in Iraq IRNA 15 Feb 2004 -- Expediency Council chief Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani said here Sunday that holding free elections in Iraq and giving the Iraqi people a right to decide their own fate under the aegis of the UN are the only ways to liberate the Iraqi nation.
- Kharrazi terms talks on post-war Iraq as positive, constructive IRNA 15 Feb 2004 -- Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi here on Sunday described as "positive and constructive" the meeting of Iraq`s neighbors in Kuwait to discuss post-war Iraq.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list