Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 January 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Jan 2004 [PDF]
- Transcript: Coalition Provisional Authority Briefing 02 Jan 2004 -- Participating was Brig Gen. Mark Kimmitt, Deputy Director for Coalition Operations, and Daniel Senor, Senior Adviser, Coalition Provisional Authority
- Sanctity of Iraqi Mosque Upheld in Raid, U.S. Military Official Says Washington File 02 Jan 2004 -- A senior U.S. military official says that U.S. and Iraqi soldiers took great care to use the least amount of force necessary and to preserve the sanctity of the al-Tabul Mosque during a raid in southwestern Baghdad January 1.
- IRAQ / MOSQUE VOA 02 Jan 2004 -- Angry protesters at a mosque in Baghdad have called for jihad, or holy war, against American troops after they raided the mosque late Thursday. U-S military leaders say the troops found a large stash of weapons and explosives at the mosque, and arrested 32 people who may be connected to insurgent activity.
- Coalition Seizes Weapons, Captures 32 Suspects at Mosque AFPS 02 Jan 2004 -- Coalition forces led by Iraqi Civil Defense Corps personnel and Iraqi police seized a weapons cache and detained 32 people at the Umm al Tabul Mosque Jan. 1, said the deputy director of operations for Combined Joint Task Force 7 today.
- Iraq: U.S. Army Confirms Helicopter Brought Down By Enemy Fire RFE/RL 02 Jan 2004 -- The U.S. Army has confirmed that a U.S. military helicopter was shot down today west of Baghdad, killing one soldier and wounding another.
- TASK FORCE "ALL AMERICAN" UPDATE CENTCOM Release 02 Jan 2004-- The 82nd Airborne Division and its subordinate units, also known as Task Force "All American", continued missions yesterday to capture enemy personnel who continue violence against coalition forces and the people of Al Anbar.
- HIGH-VALUE TARGETS CAPTURED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE CENTCOM Release 02 Jan 2004-- Elements of 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment captured Abu Mohammed on Jan. 01. Abu Mohammed was a Coalition Joint Task Force 7 high value target and a key facilitator operating in the Al Anbar Province. He is believed to be responsible for moving foreign fighters and large sums of cash throughout the area of operations.
- Army to Expand Stop-Loss Program AFPS 02 Jan 2004 -- Army officials are expected to expand the stop-loss/stop-movement program soon to include more soldiers deployed in support of the war on terror.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list