Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 December Iraq Special Weapons News
- TASK FORCE "ALL AMERICAN" - Summary of operations, Dec 6 CENTCOM Release 06 Dec 2003-- The 82d Airborne Division, also known as the "All American" division, continued operations within the Al Anbar province providing security assistance to the Iraqi people. Progress in security is enabling uninterrupted reconstruction efforts. These missions will assist in moving Iraq toward a free and sovereign nation.
- Insurgent Success Rate Down in Northern Iraq Attacks Against Coalition AFPS 06 Dec 2003 -- Attacks against coalition forces in northern Iraq have dropped significantly in recent weeks, and 95 percent of them fail to hurt coalition personnel or even damage coalition vehicles, the commander of the Army's 4th Infantry Division told visiting Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld here today.
- Coalition Reports Progress on Military, Civic Fronts in Iraq Washington File 06 Dec 2003 -- Continuing military operations by coalition forces in Iraq have resulted in the capture of large numbers of insurgents as well as a substantial reduction in the number of attacks against coalition and Iraqi personnel, according to recent reports from the U.S. Central Command (Centcom).
- Iraq: Rumsfeld Meets U.S. Military Commanders In Kirkuk RFE/RL 06 Dec 2003 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld arrived in the northern city of Kirkuk today to get a firsthand look at the security and political situation in Iraq.
- RUMSFELD/IRAQ VOA 06 Dec 2003 -- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says he sees a dramatic change in the way Iraqis are now providing for their own security. During a trip to Iraq, Mr. Rumsfeld said this is an important transformation that has occurred since the end of major combat operations.
- Minju Joson Ridicules Press Conference on Iraqi Situation KCNA 06 Dec 2003 -- The fact-finding group made up of south Korean "national assemblymen" was reported to have called a press conference recently upon its return home from Iraq. At the conference it asserted that "the situation in Iraq was safer than anticipated" and "Iraqis were in the mood of welcoming south Koreans."
- UK joins 15 countries in offering state cover for Iraq exports IRNA 06 Dec 2003 -- Britain has joined 15 other countries in offering state cover for exports to Iraq for the first time since the 1991 Persian Gulf War against the occupation of Kuwait in a bid to jump-start the country`s economy.
- UK intelligence `abused` to make case for Iraq war, says ex-chief IRNA 06 Dec 2003 -- A former British intelligence chief has added to the controversy over the justification used for invading Iraq by accusing his successors of abusing their position in helping Prime Minister Tony Blair make a case for the war.
- JAPAN/FUNERAL VOA 06 Dec 2003 -- Japan has honored its two diplomats killed in Iraq one-week ago with a state funeral in Tokyo. Steven Shayman reports from Tokyo that a teary-eyed Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi vowed to continue working alongside the international community for the reconstruction of Iraq, despite the deaths of his countrymen.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list