Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 June Iraq Special Weapons News
- IRAQ/ATTACK VOA 07 Jun 2003 -- One U-S soldier is dead and four others wounded following another ambush-style attack in Iraq. The attack occurred as more coalition forces are being deployed to try to gain better control of the situation.
- TASK FORCE 3/15 SOLDIERS ATTACKED IN FALLUJAH CENTCOM 07 Jun 2003 -- Task Force 3/15 soldiers received automatic weapons fire from unknown assailants near a mosque in Fallujah, Iraq, yesterday at approximately 11:30 p.m.
- ONE SOLDIER KILLED, TWO INJURED IN VEHICLE ACCIDENT CENTCOM 07 Jun 2003 -- One soldier was killed and two injured yesterday, June 6, 2003, in a vehicle accident about 35 kilometers north of Baghdad.
- COALITION AND IRAQI POLICE WORK TO MAKE IRAQ SECURE (JUNE 7, 2003) CENTCOM 07 Jun 2003 -- Coalition Forces continue to aggressively patrol Iraq to eliminate crimes against people and property, rid populated areas of weapons, ammunition and explosives, and stop the black market trade in fuel and other commodities.
- One U.S. Soldier Killed, Four Wounded In Attack near Tikrit CENTCOM 07 Jun 2003 -- One U.S. soldier was killed and four were wounded this morning near Tikrit, Iraq by rocket-propelled grenade and small arms fire.
- COALITION EFFORTS AID IRAQ'S RECOVERY (June 7, 2003) CENTCOM 07 Jun 2003 -- Coalition Forces continue to assist in developing a safer and more secure environment in Iraq through the following activities.
- Mozambique team clears mines in Al Hillah Marine Corps News 07 Jun 2003-- The devil dogs of the First Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Babylon got a hand at clearing up some hidden mines, when a special team of mine sniffing dogs and civilian mine clearing experts based out of Mozambique came to their aid.
- IRAQ/INSPECTORS VOA 07 Jun 2003 -- For the first time since the U-S-led invasion of Iraq, United Nations nuclear inspectors are back in Baghdad.The inspectors went to work Saturday trying to determine if nuclear material may have been stolen from a nuclear research facility.
- UK military opposed to sending more troops to Iraq 'quagmire' IRNA 07 June 2003 -- British defense chiefs were reported Saturday to be resisting calls to send more troops to join American forces in Baghdad for fear of being 'sucked into a quagmire'.
- Blair 'summoned' to Iraq inquiry IRNA 07 June 2003 -- Prime Minister Tony Blair and his Director of Communications Alastair Campbell have been summoned to answer questions from an all-party committee on the intelligence used to
justify the war against Iraq.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list