- SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 986: WHY THE UNITED NATIONS HAD TO PROVIDE FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office - April 1997
- IRAQ / WEAPONS U-N OFFICIALS IN NEW YORK ARE ASSESSING FINDINGS BY THEIR WEAPONS INSPECTION TEAM AFTER ITS LATEST VISIT. BRITISH ARMY COLONEL TERRY TAYLOR LED THE LATEST U-N INSPECTION HE SAYS IRAQ IS STILL HIDING SOME SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION ON ITS BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS PROGRAMS. ROLF EKEUS REPORTED TO THE SECURITY COUNCIL ONLY RECENTLY, THERE IS STILL A LOT OF INFORMATION THAT REMAINS TO BE GIVEN ... CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM AND EVEN EQUIPMENT AND WEAPONS ARE STILL BEING HIDDEN. Voice of America 04/28/97
- UNSCOM REPORTS CONTINUING PROBLEMS WITH BAGHDAD (U.N. Commission issues biannual report to Security Council) (1220) By Judy Aita USIA United Nations Correspondent - 18 April 1997 United Nations -- Reporting that Iraq has interfered with U.N. weapons inspectors on the ground and attempted to restrict aerial surveys, the head of the Special Commission Overseeing the destruction of Iraqi weapons (UNSCOM) said that the Iraqi leadership appears to have not abandoned the policy of keeping or acquiring chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons or ballistic missiles in the future.
- 16-04-97 TEXT: UNSC APRIL 16 STATEMENT ON IRAQI HAJJ FLIGHT
- 11-04-97 UN INVESTIGATOR CALLS FOR END TO BAGHDAD'S TOTALITARIAN REGIME
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|