FM: Iran not to cut any deal on redlines
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, June 25, IRNA -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif underlined the country's policy of detente in relations with different world states, but meantime, said Tehran will never accept to make a deal through crossing or ignoring its redlines in the nuclear talks.
Addressing a session of parliament in Tehran on Tuesday, Zarif said that the government intends to solve its problems with the world states through a logical stance, reasoning and dialogue.
The nuclear talks are among the main tasks of the government and, by observing the redlines mentioned by Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei, not only the countrys nuclear rights and principles will be preserved, but the talks will also be pursued, the Iranian foreign minister said.
He noted that whatever happens in the negotiations with the Group 5+1 (the US, Russia, China, France and Britain plus Germany) is being reported to the Supreme Leader.
Iran and the Sextet of powers wrapped up their Fifth round of talks in Vienna last week.
The Iranian negotiators had several rounds of bilateral talks with the delegations of the EU and the Group 5+1 in the Austrian capital.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|