Iran to transfer enrichment to Fordo site
ISNA - Iranian Students' News Agency
News Code :9003-13739
TEHRAN (ISNA)-Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said on Sunday the country intends to transfer nuclear enrichment process to Fordo nuclear facility.
"Natanz nuclear site has been built for enriching uranium utmost to 5 percent purity to provide fuel for Bushehr nuclear power plant, so enrichment activities (which go beyond 5 percent) are to be carried out in Fordo nuclear site instead," Salehi told reporters on the sidelines of the second International Conference on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation in Tehran.
The international meeting mainly seeks examining ways to end nuclear challenges, Zionist regime's nuclear arsenals, nuclear disarmament and arms control.
The two-day conference opened on Sunday has brought together delegates from different nations across the world, including the United States, ambassadors and representatives from international bodies such as the UN and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
The event comprises three specialized panels which discuss the doctrines of nuclear powers, take practical measures to have a world free of weapons of mass destruction and review regional as well as international disarmament commitments.
Last year, Iran hosted the first Nuclear Disarmament Conference with the theme of "Nuclear Energy for All, Nuclear Weapon for None."
Iran plans to hold the 3rd International Nuclear Disarmament Conference at ministerial level where the country will once again promote its message that all nations are entitled to peaceful nuclear energy.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|