Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2014 - India Special Weapons News
- Indian Sailors Killed in Accident on Russian-Built Submarine RIA Novosti 27 Feb 2014 -- Two sailors who went missing after an accident on board a Russian-built submarine off the coast of Mumbai on Wednesday have been confirmed as dead, India's navy said Thursday.
- India Proposes Joint Maintenance of Aircraft Carrier With Russia RIA Novosti 13 Feb 2014 -- India has proposed servicing a Russian-built aircraft carrier delivered to the country last month together with Russia's Sevmash shipyard over the next 40 years, the shipbuilder said Thursday.
- Russia supplies first batch of Mi-17B-5 helicopters to India Voice of Russia 12 Feb 2014 -- Russia has delivered the first batch of 19 military transport helicopters Mi-17B-5 to India, as part of the contract to supply 59 helicopters of this type, an official representative of the Russian delegation at Singapore Airshow 2014 said.
- India, China discuss long-standing border dispute Iran Press TV 11 Feb 2014 -- The 17th round of India-China negotiations, known as the Special Representatives Talks, has been held in the Indian capital New Delhi.
- India Signs Contract for Ukrainian Anti-Aircraft Artillery RIA Novosti 10 Feb 2014 -- An Indian company has signed a contract with a Ukraine weapons exporter to buy up to 138 anti-aircraft vehicles, the Ukrainian defense conglomerate Ukroboronprom said on its website Monday.
- First Salvo Launch of Russian-Indian Cruise Missiles From Ship Successful RIA Novosti 07 Feb 2014 -- The first ever test launch of an advanced Russian-Indian Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from a warship in salvo mode took place earlier this year and was successful, a Brahmos Aerospace spokesman said Thursday.
- First Indian MiG-29 Fighter Jet Lands on Vikramaditya RIA Novosti 07 Feb 2014 -- An Indian MiG-29 naval jet landed on a refitted former Soviet aircraft carrier Friday, marking the first such operation since the ship was delivered by Russia to the south Asian nation earlier this year.
- India successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise missile IRNA 06 Feb 2014 -- Further boosting Navys firepower, the 290km-range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully fired from a naval warship INS Trikand in salvo mode in the Arabian Sea.
- Defexpo-2014: Russian-Indian defence ties Voice of Russia 07 Feb 2014 -- DEFEXPO-2014 is a land, naval and internal homeland security systems exhibition in New Delhi, yet it's impossible to avoid the discussion of aircraft production on t he fringes of the exhibition, especially because the Indian media have recently launched a campaign of criticism against one of the most ambitious joint Russian-Indian programmes, that of developing the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft, or FGFA, a derivative project from the T-50 PAK FA Russian jet fighter.
- Russia Sold $4.7Bln in Arms to India in 2013 RIA Novosti 06 Feb 2014 -- Russia exported $4.78 billion worth of arms and military equipment to India last year, a senior Russian arms industry official said Thursday.
- Russia Prepared to Modify Submarines for Indian Tender RIA Novosti 06 Feb 2014 -- Russian shipbuilders could adopt the design of submarines for an upcoming Indian tender to accommodate Brahmos missiles and an Indian-made air-independent propulsion system, the Rubin design bureau said Thursday.
- Indian Aircraft Carrier Training Facility to Open Soon RIA Novosti 04 Feb 2014 -- A training facility for naval pilots to practice aircraft carrier operations is set to open in India's coastal Goa region later this month, the head of the Russian company overseeing the project said Monday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list