Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
January 2011 - India Special Weapons News
- India conveys 'concern' over fishermen killing to Sri Lanka IRNA 31 Jan 2011 -- India expressed 'serious concern' over the killing of two Indian fishermen allegedly by Sri Lankan Navy.
- Somalian pirates moving towards India, says Coast Guard IRNA 31 Jan 2011 -- Somalian pirates have now started moving towards India and the Government was investigating if they have any links with Pakistan-based terror groups.
- Indian Navy apprehends 15 Somali pirates IRNA 31 Jan 2011 -- The 15 Somali pirates, who were apprehended by the Indian Navy following a gunbattle off the coast of Lakshadweep Islands, will be interrogated in Mumbai.
- Indian Naval warship on fire IRNA 31 Jan 2011 -- A major fire is being fought on board at Indian naval warship INS Vindhyagiri off the Mumbai harbour. The ship has been evacuated.
- India reacts sharply to US' action to tie tracker on Indian students IRNA 31 Jan 2011 -- India has reacted sharply to the action of the US authorities to tie a tracker on Indian students duped by a 'sham' university.
- India Foreign Minister slams US for tagging Indian students IRNA 31 Jan 2011 -- India’s External Affairs Minister, S M Krishna slammed the US authorities for tagging some Indian students.
- Uranium, Student Attacks Dominate Australia-India Talks VOA 21 Jan 2011 -- Indian FM S.M. Krishna wraps up a three-day visit to Australia, which included talks on uranium sales and the safety of international students.
- Indian army commander in Kashmir says ready to help trace missing IRNA 20 Jan 2011 -- Indian army is ready to help in tracing missing Kashmiris, said Atta Hasnain.
- Russia, EADS continue fight for Indian aerial tanker RIA Novosti 20 Jan 2011 -- Russia's Il-78 Midas and the EU's Airbus A330 MRTT are the only competitors in a re-tender to supply six aerial tankers to the Indian air force.
- Australia refuses call for revoking ban on Uranium sale to India IRNA 20 Jan 2011 -- Australia refused to concede to India's repeated requests for revoking a ban on Uranium sale to it.
- India asks Australia to reverse policy of not selling uranium to it IRNA 19 Jan 2011 -- Citing its growth and huge energy requirements, India pressed Australia to reverse the policy of not selling uranium to it.
- India asks China to demonstrate sensitivity to core interests IRNA 18 Jan 2011 -- India has said that Asian countries would judge China's 'peaceful rise' not so much by the intentions of its leadership as by their 'actions'.
- Dhaka to make strong protest against India's border killings IRNA 17 Jan 2011 -- Dhaka will make a ‘strong protest’ to India against killing of innocent Bangladeshi citizens by the Indian Border Security Force.
- India, Japan close to finalising nuclear agreement IRNA 17 Jan 2011 -- India and Japan are close to finalising a civil nuclear cooperation agreement, former Japanese PM Hatoyama said.
- IAEA Director General to visit India next week IRNA 15 Jan 2011 -- Director General of the IAEA Yukiya Amano is to begin a two-day visit to India on January 17.
- Indian Govt taking steps to protect vessels from pirates IRNA 15 Jan 2011 -- The Indian government said it is taking all possible steps to ensure secure maritime movements of vessels including help of the Navy for escort.
- India Plans to Cut Troops in Kashmir VOA 14 Jan 2011 -- The Indian government says it could cut troops in Indian-administered Kashmir by one quarter.
- Sri Lanka President seeks humanitarian solution to fishing row IRNA 14 Jan 2011 -- Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa advocated a 'humanitarian approach' to avoid clashes between fishermen from India and his country.
- India summons Sri Lankan High Commissioner IRNA 14 Jan 2011 -- India summoned Sri Lankan High Commissioner to lodge a strong protest over the killing of a fisherman by Lankan Navy.
- India terms reports of Chinese incursion as 'baseless' IRNA 11 Jan 2011 -- India on Monday termed media reports alleging Chinese troop intrusion in the Demchok area of Leh District in Jammu and Kashmir as ‘baseless’.
- Indian Naval Chief embarks for Indonesia IRNA 10 Jan 2011 -- India’s Naval Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma left New Delhi on a four day official visit to Indonesia from 10th of January.
- India gets its first homegrown fighter jet RIA Novosti 10 Jan 2011 -- India's first indigenous light combat aircraft, Tejas, was handed over to the Indian Air Force on Monday for initial operational clearance, the Indian Air Force chief has said.
- Indian Foreign Minister Warns of Outside Interference in Afghanistan VOA 09 Jan 2011 -- India's foreign minister, S.M. Krishna, is on his second and last day of an official visit to Afghanistan where on Sunday he met with Afghan President Hamid Karzai to discuss relations between their two countries.
- Reprocessing spent fuel is key to India's nuclear program: PM IRNA 07 Jan 2011 -- India’s PM Singh commissioned the country's second Power Reactor Fuel Processing Plant.
- India to Establish Naval Research Center VOA 07 Jan 2011 -- India is establishing a new naval research center to design warships for its navy.
- Indo-US joint exercise 'SALVEX' begins at coast of Andaman Nicobar IRNA 05 Jan 2011 -- Navies of India and the US began a week-long joint exercise codenamed ‘SALVEX’ off the coast off Andaman in Nicobar Islands.
- India blames German connectors parts for destroying doomed rocket IRNA 05 Jan 2011 -- The 10 connectors that snapped prematurely destroying the Indian GSLV on December 25 were imported from Germany.
- India to launch two large communication satellites IRNA 05 Jan 2011 -- Indian Space Research Organisation said it plans to launch at least two large communication satellites within this calendar year.
- Pakistan, India to swap lists of nuclear sites IRNA 01 Jan 2011 -- Pakistan and India will swap lists of nuclear installations and facilities on Saturday in spite of tension over the 2008 Mumbai attacks that has disrupted the dialogue process between the two countries.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list