Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
March 2015 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- DPRK denounces new UN resolution on its human rights People's Daily 29 Mar 2015 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Saturday slammed a new UN resolution on its human rights record, calling it a 'farce staged at the UN human rights arena as a product of the U.S. hostile policy' toward Pyongyang.
- Park Geun Hye Slammed for Abusing Cheonan Warship Sinking Case for Confrontation with Fellow Countrymen KCNA 29 Mar 2015 -- The Park Geun Hye group is inciting confrontation with the DPRK across south Korea five years since Cheonan warship sinking case:
- Spokesman for FM of DPRK Categorically Rejects Anti-DPRK 'Human Rights Resolution' KCNA 28 Mar 2015 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK released a statement Saturday lashing out at the U.S. and its allies including Japan and EU for railroading the anti-DPRK 'human rights resolution' through the 28th session of the UN Human Rights Council.
- Kim Jong Un Gives Field Guidance to Construction Sites of Pickled-fish Processing Factory and Fishery Station KCNA 27 Mar 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, gave field guidance to the construction sites of the Kumsanpho Pickled-fish Processing Factory and the Kumsanpho Fishery Station.
- Dempsey, South Korean Counterpart Discuss North Korea Threat AFPS 27 Mar 2015 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said he had 'important and very productive conversations' with South Korean military officials here today on topics including integrated air and missile defense to deter North Korean aggression.
- DPRK Foreign Ministry Spokesman Censures U.S. Projected Deployment of THAAD in S. Korea KCNA 26 Mar 2015 -- The U.S. has undisguisedly revealed its ulterior design to deploy at any cost THAAD in south Korea, trumpeting about the missile 'threat' from the DPRK more noisily than ever before.
- Truth about Story of North's Hacking at 'Nuclear Power Plant' in S. Korea Laid Bare KCNA 26 Mar 2015 -- The Park Geun Hye group of south Korea let 'the government joint investigation team' release results of temporary interim investigation in which it claimed that the hacking at the nuclear power plant was conducted by the north.
- Pyongyang slams U.S. plan to deploy THAAD in S. Korea People's Daily 26 Mar 2015 -- The foreign ministry of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Thursday blasted the United States for its plan to deploy the Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) in South Korea, the official KCNA news agency reported.
- North Korea rejects South's hacking charge Press TV 26 Mar 2015 -- North Korea has rejected allegations of involvement in cyber-attacks against South Korea's nuclear power plant operators, charging that Seoul invented the story in a bid to blame Pyongyang for cross-border tensions.
- KPA Panmunjom Mission Discloses U.S. Criminal Abuse of Cheonan Warship Sinking for Hostile Policy toward DPRK KCNA 25 Mar 2015 -- The Panmunjom mission of the Korean People's Army released an indictment Tuesday exposing the U.S. criminal act of cooking up the Cheonan warship sinking case and abusing it for stepping up its hostile policy toward the DPRK.
- S.Korea conducts naval training exercise to mark Cheonan sinking incident People's Daily 25 Mar 2015 -- The South Korean military on Wednesday conducted naval training exercises to mark the fifth anniversary of the Cheonan sinking in March 2010.
- Kim Jong Un Gives Field Guidance to Newly-Built Fish Meal Fodder Factory KCNA 24 Mar 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, gave field guidance to the Fish Meal Fodder Factory newly built by the KPA.
- NDC Policy Department Clarifies DPRK's Principled Stand on 'May 24 Step' KCNA 24 Mar 2015 -- The south Korean authorities are kicking up a noisy racket against the DPRK over the Cheonan warship sinking case which has nothing to do with it.
- North, South Korea Still at Odds Over Cheonan Sinking VOA 24 Mar 2015 -- North and South Korea have again exchanged words over the sinking of a South Korean ship in 2010.
- Dempsey: North Korea 'Somewhat Predictable' in Provocation AFPS 24 Mar 2015 -- North Korea is 'somewhat predictable' in its provocation during the annual military exercises held between the United States and South Korea, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
- Inter-Korean Sunshine Policy Fading at Contentious Kaesong VOA 24 Mar 2015 -- A wage dispute underway at the Kaesong joint industrial zone in North Korea could end the last remnant of South Korea's Sunshine policy of engagement with the North.
- Pyongyang dismisses claims about sinking S Korean ship Press TV 24 Mar 2015 -- North Korea has once again denied any involvement in the fatal sinking of a South Korean ship in 2010.
- Missile System Helps Counter N. Korea Threats, US Official Says VOA 23 Mar 2015 -- A senior Pentagon official says a U.S. missile defense called Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) is a key part of efforts to counter North Korean missile threats.
- KPA Will Blow up Balloons Carrying Anti-DPRK Leaflets: Open Notice of KPA Frontline Units KCNA 22 Mar 2015 -- The frontline units of the Korean People's Army made public an open notice Saturday which said:
- Kim Jong Un Watches Drill of KPA Air and Anti-Air Force KCNA 20 Mar 2015 -- A drill of raiding and repairing an airfield was staged by the Air and Anti-Air Force of the Korean People's Army (KPA) amid the intensified combat drills of all the service personnel to wipe out the U.S. imperialists and their stooges hell-bent on war exercises against the DPRK.
- Russia, North Korea Boost Economic Ties VOA 22 Mar 2015 -- A Russian official said Moscow and Pyongyang have agreed to discuss the creation of advanced development zones in Russia's Far East and North Korea.
- CPRK Spokesman Hits at S. Korean Unification Minister's Anti-DPRK Remarks KCNA 19 Mar 2015 -- Hong Yong Phyo, newly-appointed minister of Unification of south Korea, in his inaugural speech on Mar. 16 pulled up the DPRK, talking about 'nuclear development', 'military and verbal provocation' and 'preconditions for dialogue.' He even shielded the 'Committee for Preparations for Unification', a plot-breeding body for 'unification by absorption', stating that the ministry of Unification would closely cooperate with it.
- Kim Jong Un Inspects Combined Fishing-tackle Factory of KPA KCNA 18 Mar 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army (KPA) Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission, gave field guidance to the combined fishing-tackle factory under the KPA.
- South Korea Reduces Water Supply to the North Sputnik 17 Mar 2015 -- With North Korea slowly coming out of a long drought, the South Korean government has decided to reduce the supply of free water it was giving to the North.
- Kim Jong Un Gives Field Guidance to Construction Site of May 27 Fishery Station KCNA 14 Mar 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, gave field guidance to the construction site of the May 27 Fishery Station.
- DPRK Army, People Will Never Tolerate U.S. Nuclear War: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 14 Mar 2015 -- The army and people of the DPRK harden their will never to tolerate the foolish moves of the U.S. going rampant to inflict the holocaust of a nuclear war on the Korean nation.
- 70-day Campaign Recorded in History of WPK KCNA 13 Mar 2015 -- Recorded in the history of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) is a 70-day campaign for socialist construction, which was conducted in Juche 63 (1974) to carry out the six-year (1971-1976) national economic development plan ahead of schedule.
- Project for Unjong High-Tech Development Park Brisk in DPRK KCNA 13 Mar 2015 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is accelerating the project for Unjong High-Tech Development Park.
- DPRK fires 7 missiles People's Daily 13 Mar 2015 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) fired seven surface-to-air missiles into its eastern waters on Thursday, South Korea's Defense Ministry said Friday.
- North Korea test-fires 7 surface-to-air missiles: Seoul Press TV 13 Mar 2015 -- The South Korean Defense Ministry says the North has fired seven surface-to-air missiles into the sea off its east coast after Seoul and Washington wrapped up the first round of their annual joint war games.
- Kim Jong Un Inspects Sin Islet Defence Company of KPA KCNA 12 Mar 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, inspected the Sin Islet Defence Company standing guard over a forward post off the East Coast of the DPRK.
- S Korean Officials in Hot Water Over Plans to Forcefully Unify With North Sputnik 12 Mar 2015 -- South Korean officials have been in damage control over the past several days following revelations by a senior official earlier this week that a 'non-consensual' scenario on unification with North Korea was among the contingencies the Committee for Unification was looking at.
- Expert Doubts Estimate on N. Korean Nuclear Stockpile VOA 11 Mar 2015 -- A former high-level International Atomic Energy Agency official has expressed skepticism about a new report that North Korea could manufacture 100 nuclear weapons by 2020.
- Kim Jong Un Inspects Unit 1016 of KPA Air and Anti-Air Force KCNA 09 Mar 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission, inspected Unit 1016 of KPA Air and Anti-Air Force honored with the Title of O Jung Hup-led 7th Regiment.
- China cherishes traditional friendship with DPRK: FM People's Daily 08 Mar 2015 -- China cherishes its traditional friendship with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and calls for calm and restraint on the Korean Peninsula, Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Sunday.
- Kim Jong Un Inspects Pyongyang City Home for Aged under Construction KCNA 06 Mar 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, gave field guidance to the Pyongyang City Home for the Aged under construction.
- DPRK calls attack on U.S. ambassador to S. Korea 'deserved punishment' People's Daily 05 Mar 2015 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Thursday called the razor-wielding attack on the U.S. ambassador to South Korea earlier in the day a 'deserved punishment', the official KCNA news agency reported.
- North Korea Ends Ebola-Related Travel Restrictions Sputnik 03 Mar 2015 -- Pyongyang has announced the lifting of Ebola-related travel and tourism restrictions which have been in force since last October.
- N. Korea: Joint Drills Could Spark War VOA 03 Mar 2015 -- North Korea's foreign minister says the U.S.-South Korean military drills that began this week are 'unprecedentedly provocative' and could set off a war on the Korean peninsula.
- KPA Will Never Remain Passive Onlooker to Key Resolve and Foal Eagle: Spokesman for General Staff of KPA KCNA 02 Mar 2015 -- A spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army issued the following statement on Sunday:
- FM Spokesman Denounces U.S.-S. Korea Joint Military Exercises KCNA 02 Mar 2015 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK released the following statement Monday in connection with the fact that the U.S. started with the south Korean puppet forces Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises, war exercises for invading the DPRK, despite its repeated warnings:
- N Korea denounces 'provocative' US-S Korea joint military exercises IRNA 02 Mar 2015 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Monday denounced the US-South Korean joint military exdercises code named Key Resolve and Foal Eagle saying they are intended 'for invading the DPRK, despite its repeated warnings'.
- N. Korea Fires Rockets as Joint US-South Korean Maneuvers Start VOA 01 Mar 2015 -- Authorities say North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the East Sea, in an apparent protest against joint U.S. and South Korean military exercises launched elsewhere in the region Monday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list