Weekly Report on North Korea No. 925 (January 5 to 11 2009)
ROK Ministry of Unification
- North Korea displayed Kim Jong-il’s well-being and normal control on the state’s operation to both domestic and foreign spectators by releasing reports on his robust activities from the start of the year.
- Minister Han Seung-jun of Chemical Industry said, “In 2009, we can see some tangible achievements in the chemical industry based on the foundation we had built in 2008.”
- The DPRK declared that the standing committee of the Supreme People’s Assembly decided to hold the 12 th assembly elections of the Supreme People’s Assembly on March 8 in 2009.
- Central Broadcasting Station, January 7
- Chosun Shinbo reported the spring interview with the North Korean Minister of Railways, which said the industry’s achievements in 2008 and project plans for 2009.
- Chosun Shinbo , January 7
- North Korea has emphasized respecting and implementing June 15 Joint Declaration and October 4 Summit Declaration, calling them ‘the post and milestone for unification.’
- Rodong Sinmun , January 5
- North Korea called and criticized Japan ’s investigation on Chongryun as suppression and urged Japan to turn the direction of its North Korea policy.
- The DPRK criticized the U.S. for supporting Israel ’s attack on Gaza and asserted that the U.S. ’s anti-terrorism war including the one in Afghanistan had failed.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|