Weekly Report on North Korea No. 924 (December 29, 2008 to January 4, 2009)
ROK Ministry of Unification
- The employees of Chollima Steel Complex rallied on December 28 to accomplish what Kim Jong-il ordered and to boost a new revolutionary spirit.
- Central Broadcasting Station, December 28
- Minister Cho Jeong-ung of Light Industry set the objective of the light industry in 2012 as “to produce everything in an ample volume so that the people have no inconveniences in their lives.”
- Chosun Shinbo , January 4
- The DPRK started propaganda activities in order to fulfill the tasks stated in the joint New Year’s editorial, emphasizing to fulfil the spirit of “A New Great Tide” and the joint New Year’s editorial.
- Rodong Sinmun , Central Broadcasting Station, January 1 to 5
- North Korea asserted that inter-Korean relations have worsened because the ROK government denied the June 15 Joint Declaration and the October 4 Summit Declaration; discouraged inter-Korean dialogue and cooperation; and implemented anti-North Korea policy that seeks a confrontational war.
- Rodong Sinmun , December 31
- Ever since publishing the joint New Year’s editorial, the DPRK has made propaganda for pressuring the South to implement inter-Korean agreements including implementation of the June 15 Joint Declaration and October 4 Summit Declaration.
- North Korea criticized that the main culprit of international nuclear problem was the U.S. ’ preemptive nuclear policy and ambiguous nuclear policy.
- The DPRK criticized Japan ’s movement for military expansion including establishment of missile defense system as a scheme to invade the Korean peninsula again.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|