Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 September 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Aviation staff next for COVID-19 vaccines Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- Frontline employees in the civil aviation industry will be the next key group to take a COVID-19 vaccine on an emergency basis, a document obtained by the Global Times shows.
- 89 more virus testing staffers from mainland arrive in HK Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- With the nucleic acid testing scheme in Hong Kong now in full swing, another 89 medical staffers from Chinese mainland arrived Wednesday night in Hong Kong to assist with the ongoing testing program, for which nearly 800,000 residents have registered.
- Chinese vaccine makers vaccinate overseas employees and military personnel Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- Chinese leading vaccine producer China National Pharmaceutical Group (Sinopharm) signed an agreement with Chinese technology giant Huawei on Tuesday to facilitate strategic cooperation on resource and service support for COVID-19 inactivated vaccine, widely seen as a potential offer to extend vaccinations to more Chinese employees who frequently go abroad for business.
- Frontline staff in civil aviation plan to take COVID-19 vaccine Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- Frontline employees in civil aviation industry plan to become a key group to take the COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use, a document obtained by the Global Times shows.
- Life in Xinjiang returning to normal as COVID-19 epidemic wanes People's Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region is speeding up the return to normal life and work, all the while promoting anti-epidemic measures on a regular basis, as the COVID-19 epidemic continues to wane, with no new confirmed cases for 15 consecutive days as of Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- No new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Wednesday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Beijing to test all imported cold-chain food for COVID-19 People's Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- Beijing Customs will carry out novel coronavirus nucleic acid tests on all imported cold-chain food, the latest move of the Chinese capital for COVID-19 prevention and control.
- Hong Kong launches massive COVID-19 screening program People's Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- A massive screening program was launched in Hong Kong Tuesday to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and restore the normal lives of residents.
- China or US ? Philippines Foreign Policy Plays Both Sides VOA 03 Sep 2020 -- The Philippines, an old U.S. ally and more recent friend of China, is awkwardly bouncing one superpower off the other on its way to a neutral foreign policy that will give the Southeast Asian country benefits from both sides, specialists say.
- What's behind tougher U.S. stance on South China Sea? People's Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte's ban on exercises with the United States in the South China Sea is without doubt a blow to Washington and its relationship with its hitherto ally.
- Taiwan visit doesn't violate 'one China' policy: Czech Senate president CNA 03 Sep 2020 -- Czech Senate President Miloš Vystrčil on Thursday insisted he did not cross Beijing's "red line" with his visit to Taiwan and vowed that bilateral cooperation will continue.
- Chinese president makes indirect response to US-led attacks on CPC at 75th anniversary of WWII victory Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- The Chinese people will never agree on any attempt by any person or force to distort the history of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and smear the nature and the purpose of the CPC, Chinese President Xi Jinping, who is also the general secretary of the CPC Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission, said at a symposium commemorating the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII.
- Xi stresses carrying forward great spirit of resisting aggression PLA Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday stressed carrying forward the great spirit of resisting aggression in the new era and striving to achieve national rejuvenation.
- China firmly opposes U.S. report on Chinese military PLA Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- The Chinese military Wednesday firmly opposed an "extremely erroneous" report by the U.S. Department of Defense on China's military, saying it is fraught with a zero-sum game mindset and Cold-war mentality.
- China opposes US release of report hyping 'Chinese military threat' PLA Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- The People's Liberation Army opposes the United States' Pentagon releasing a report hyping up the so-called "Chinese military threat". It also promises to take further action in accordance with the development of the situation, the Ministry of National Defense said in a statement on Wednesday.
- 16th batch of Chinese peacekeeping engineer contingent all arrives in Sudan PLA Daily 03 Sep 2020 -- The second echelon of 115 members of the 16th Chinese peacekeeping engineer contingent arrived in Khartoum, capital of Sudan on August 31 for their 5-month peacekeeping mission. As of now, all the members have arrived in their mission areas.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying's Regular Press Conference on September 3, 2020 PRC MofA 03 Sep 2020
- FM dismisses Pompeo's accusations on China's COVID-19 cover-up Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- Actions speak louder than words and the truth will always turn out to be true, said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying on Thursday in response to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's recent statements accusing China of covering up the death toll from its COVID-19 epidemic.
- Trump Administration Imposes Restrictions on Chinese Diplomats VOA 03 Sep 2020 -- The U.S. State Department has imposed a new set of restrictions on Chinese diplomats working in the United States.
- Chinese embassy in US slams latest restrictions on Chinese diplomats Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- The embassy of China in the US said it firmly opposes the US decision to impose more restrictions and obstacles on Chinese diplomatic and consular personnel in the country on the grounds of so-called reciprocity in US-China diplomatic ties.
- China to give 'legitimate responses' if US implements curbs on diplomats Press TV 03 Sep 2020 -- China says it will give "legitimate responses" to the United States if Washington proceeds with a plan to impose new restrictions on Chinese diplomats.
- US Clamps Down on Chinese Diplomatic Exchanges as Students' Visas Revoked Radio Free Asia 03 Sep 2020 -- The State Department is tightening restrictions on Chinese government-backed activities on U.S. soil, with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo calling on universities to end the practice of having Confucius Institutes, cultural and language-teaching centers funded and run by Beijing, embedded on their campuses by the end of the year.
- Lam's remarks on 'separation of powers' serve as remedial lessons for HK society Global Times 03 Sep 2020 -- After Carrie Lam, Chief Executive of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government, told the media that there has never been a "separation of powers" in Hong Kong, some legal experts in Hong Kong began debating whether Beijing misunderstood the concept, while experts from the Chinese mainland said Lam's point serves as "remedial lessons" in understanding the constitutional order of the city.
- Mongolian Schools Stay Empty Amid Ongoing Protests as Chinese Police Seek 'Troublemakers' Radio Free Asia 03 Sep 2020 -- Schools and classrooms remained largely empty across the northern Chinese region of Inner Mongolia on Thursday, amid an ongoing civil disobedience movement protesting plans to end Mongolian-medium teaching in the region's schools.
- Inner Mongolians Boycott Classes to Protest Chinese Language Policy VOA 03 Sep 2020 -- Tuesday marked the first day of school in China's northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, but a boycott of classes left many classrooms and playgrounds empty. Hundreds of ethnic Mongolian students, parents and teachers are protesting a new bilingual education policy they say will endanger Mongolian language and culture.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list