Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
16 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang's Regular Press Conference on March 16, 2020 PRC MofA 16 Mar 2020
- First international standard for BDS shipborne receiver initially released PLA Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) officially released the first international standard for testing ship-borne receiver equipment of the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS), known as IEC 61108-5:2020, on March 11, 2020.
- Maiden flight of China's new modified launch vehicle failed due to unknown malfunction Global Times 16 Mar 2020 -- China's launch of its modified version of Long March-7 failed on Monday, probe into the cause of such failure will be conducted.
- Virus peak in China passes, focuses on imported infections, sporadic community cases: frontline medics Global Times 16 Mar 2020 -- Chinese doctors who served in the pandemic frontline in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province, believed the peak of the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan and China has passed and the focus now is on preventing imported cases to China from overseas as well as sporadic cases in the community.
- China builds new 'Great Wall' to contain imported cases Global Times 16 Mar 2020 -- Facing the pressure of a growing number of imported coronavirus cases swarming into the capital Beijing, China is taking a range of measures to defend the result it seized in the fight against the coronavirus, after basically containing the epidemic across the country.
- China tightens entry rules for international travelers as imported cases rise People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- With China reporting more imported coronavirus cases, many parts of the country have tightened entry rules at airports and other points of entry for international travelers in an effort to curb the coronavirus influx. As of March 15, China has reported a total of 123 cases imported from abroad.
- China supports WHO to carry out international cooperation on combating COVID-19 People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced the COVID-19 as a pandemic after the organization's assessment at a briefing in Geneva, Switzerland on Wednesday local time.
- China advises nationals against traveling abroad amid COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- Chinese authorities on Monday suggested that residents on the mainland not travel abroad amid the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, particularly to countries hit hard by the pandemic.
- China's Guizhou cleared of COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- A hospital in southwest China's Guizhou Province discharged the province's last confirmed case of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Monday.
- Number of confirmed COVID-19 cases drops to less than 10,000 on Chinese mainland: official People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) fell to 9,898 on Sunday on the Chinese mainland, said the country's health authorities on Monday.
- Beijing completes renovation of SARS treatment hospital for COVID-19 control People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- A renovated hospital formerly used to quarantine and treat SARS patients in Beijing has been kitted out with new medical supplies for the treatment of the novel coronavirus diseases (COVID-19).
- NE China province clear of COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- The northeast China province of Jilin on Monday became the latest in a crop of Chinese provincial-level regions that have reduced the number of COVID-19 patients to zero.
- Beijing reports 4 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported four newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from other countries Sunday, the Beijing Municipal Health Commission said Monday.
- China's Hubei reports single-digit new infections of COVID-19 for five days People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported four new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 14 deaths Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
- 16 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection reported on Chinese mainland People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Monday it received reports of 16 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 14 deaths on the Chinese mainland on Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 12 newly imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 12 newly imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Sunday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 123, according to the National Health Commission.
- China reports 16 new coronavirus infections, 14 deaths SPA 16 Mar 2020 -- China has reported 16 new coronavirus infections and 14 new deaths over the past day, dpa reported.
- China shows COVID-19 Coronavirus can be 'stopped in its tracks' UN News 16 Mar 2020 -- China's experience in containing the spread of the new coronavirus could serve as a lesson for other countries now facing the COVID-19 pandemic, a senior official with the World Health Organization (WHO) has told UN News in an in-depth interview.
- China's economy hit broadly by coronavirus, but economists are upbeat People's Daily 16 Mar 2020 -- China's retail sales, fixed-asset investment and other broader economic indicators declined sharply in the first two months of 2020, impacted by the outbreak of the deadly novel coronavirus which has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization.
- Chinese military aircraft to receive new stealth coatings Global Times 16 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force recently issued a new regulation ordering future aircraft to be painted with low observable coatings and standardized markings, a move aimed at giving Chinese warplanes a combat advantage as they will less likely be detected by both the naked eye and military radar.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list