Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Cambodia, China launch joint military exercise on anti-terrorism, humanitarian rescue PLA Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Cambodia and China launched the fourth joint drill on counter-terrorism and humanitarian rescue at the Techo Sen Chumkiri live-fire field in Cambodia's southwestern Kampot province on Sunday.
- Coronavirus outbreak rising globally, China's outbreak continues to slow down Press TV 15 Mar 2020 -- The number of coronavirus infections in the world have been rising even as countries take precautionary measures to slow the spread down.
- China strengthens fiscal support for poor people hit by epidemic People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- China will boost fiscal support to secure guarantees for the basic life of impoverished people affected by the novel coronavirus epidemic, a senior official said Saturday.
- China gets tough on imported coronavirus and hiding of travel history, including waiving of free treatment Global Times 15 Mar 2020 -- China is taking a zero tolerance stance toward imported coronavirus cases and hiding of travel history, including waiving of free treatment, following a number of new confirmed cases from abroad which are under investigation.
- Chinese government allocates 117 billion yuan for epidemic control Global Times 15 Mar 2020 -- Chinese governments at all levels have allocated a combined 116.9 billion yuan (16.7 billion US dollars) of funds for epidemic prevention and control as of Friday, a finance ministry official said Saturday.
- Europe's passive response fuels fears of imported cases Global Times 15 Mar 2020 -- While calls to urge China to ban flights from European countries like the UK and Sweden have intensified due to these countries' passive response to the coronavirus outbreak, the capital Beijing has escalated prevention measures by requiring all arrivals from overseas to undergo 14-day mandatory quarantine in designated places, given new cases reported in China have exceeded locally transmitted infections over the last two days.
- Western states' 'surrender' to COVID-19 shocks Chinese Global Times 15 Mar 2020 -- As voices have grown louder for countries to learn from China's rigorous measures, some Western countries such as the UK and Sweden decided to apply a totally different approach of "herd immunity," allowing the deadly virus to decide the fate of millions of people in the hope those infected would acquire immunity.
- Lock-down management lifted in low-risk areas in Hubei People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Hubei, the hard hit province in the novel coronavirus outbreak, will introduce differentiated neighborhood management policy as the number of patients continues to drop, the provincial health authorities said at a press conference on Saturday.
- China's Hubei reports 4 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported 4 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 10 deaths Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 20 newly confirmed cases of coronavirus infection People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday it received reports of 20 newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 10 deaths from novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Beijing bans face-to-face dining in restaurants amid epidemic People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Diners will not be allowed to sit face-to-face in restaurants and canteens in Beijing during the coronavirus outbreak, according to the latest government notice.
- China's Hubei reports single-digit new infections of COVID-19 for four days People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported four newly confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 10 deaths Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Xi says China firmly supports EU's battle against COVID-19 People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Friday that China firmly supports the European Union (EU) in its fight against the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Temporary hospitals play key role in curbing coronavirus spread: expert People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Temporary treating centers converted from public facilities have played a key role in curbing the spread of the novel coronavirus in Wuhan, the central Chinese city at the epicenter of the epidemic outbreak, a medical expert said.
- Factbox: China's fight against novel coronavirus outbreak People's Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Here are the latest developments on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China:
- China reports 20 new coronavirus cases, 10 deaths SPA 15 Mar 2020 -- China reported 20 new coronavirus cases and 10 new Covid-19 deaths on Sunday, according to the latest figures released by the National Health Commission (NHC). The deaths from Covid-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, were all reported in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province where the outbreak originated in December.
- Top US Infectious Diseases Doctor Warns China About New 'Blip' in Coronavirus Cases Sputnik 15 Mar 2020 -- Anthony Fauci, the director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has warned that China may see another spike in coronavirus infections when life there gets back to normal.
- Xi says China to continue assisting South Korea in COVID-19 fight PLA Daily 15 Mar 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said China will continue to provide as much assistance as it can to South Korea to support the latter's fight against the COVID-19 outbreak.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list